close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Hoover Saugeye

Discussion in 'Central Ohio Fishing Reports' started by timmyv, Jun 12, 2007.

1. Okay, I'm really new w/ Saugeye. Where would I start w/ trolling? What equiptment do I need? The only thing I have to start w/ is a 14' 8" boat w/ a 9.5 Evinrude on it. Can I troll at idle speed? What kind of lures do you troll? Again I am a very beginner w/ trolling. Is there a past thread on this? Thanks for the help!

2. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

check your pm's.

3. Timmy i am on the same page as you are. Went out last night to give it a try and not a thing last night or the 20 other times i have went out on hoover and tried. It hurts the ego when you never catch a fish. Although i did catch a white bass last night trolling.

4. I'm sure Rick gave you all the good details but I'll give you what I know. I use a 6' spinning rig to troll with. Nothing fancy. One thing to remember when you are turning make sure you lift your rods or you will be pulling line out of your prop and it's not fun where there is close to 500 pounds on the back of the boat and another jackass comes by and wakes you. :mad: :D I may or may not be speaking for experience. :eek: Happy :T

5. Timmypage,

The only fish I've gotten into at hoover was the crappie this year in the shallows...I nailed them but not a whole lot of size. I'm just going to keep on trying....eventually we'll figure it out!

6. Timmy that is exactly what i say to myself. Eventually we will but untill then there will be a lot of blood sweat and tears. I have no clue on what works in hoover i just go out there and try diffenent things and pray that saugeye will lock its jaws on my hook.

7. SwollenGoat

SwollenGoat Scourge of Hoover

8. toad

toad geriatrics supporter

I heard the last saugeye was caught out of hoover on 5-28-07. Only thing left in hoover is 14 crappies, 4 catfish, 2 carp and one lost musky. ;)

9. Thanks guys for the tips...I'm going to give it a try tonight. Hey Toad...I hope you're wrong! I'll let everyone know.