close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Hoover Saugeye

Discussion in 'Central Ohio Fishing Reports' started by Wojobass, Jul 9, 2004.

1. A couple months ago a friend of mine caught a Saugeye at Hoover that was over 9lbs. Here is a pic of the fish. I guess there are pictures at the bait shop at the lake as well.

I have never fished Hoover but I figured the guys that do would like to see the pic.

I can't say much about his picture taking abilities to get a really good feel for the size but those of you that fish there have probably heard about this fish.

Attached Files:

2. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

that's piggy for sure.

3. Man that thing is FAT! Nice catch.

4. Sumo Saugeye for sure. :D

5. Nice fish. Biggest one I've caught is 15" and it was alot slimmer. :)

6. There's a fat boy. Congrats!!!

7. Nice fish...guys wait a long time for a fish like that.

8. great catch for sure. to bad he only got caught once though. no offense.

9. what did he hang him for ...he shoot someone..lol...he get it mounted? sweet fish..

10. Thats a dandy. GET IT MOUNTED, youll regret it if you dont!

11. He did get it mounted.

I wasn't with him or I would have urged him to take some pics, take some measurements and get a fiberglass replica made but that is just me.

I can't imagine how long it takes for a saugeye to get that big.

12. Wojobass, I got one a few pounds heavier at just under 29 in. and I took it over to the odnr on dublin rd. in Grandview. A guy by the name of Steve took a a single scale and put it under a microscope that projected the view onto a projection screen. The scale had rings similar to the rings on a tree trunk. He counted 10 and that was the age. So I would guess your bud's fish between 7 and 10 years old?