Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
COCC- Director
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Me and a buddy hit the rip rap along the twin bridges and the dam at hoover last night from 8-12 threw everything we had em (jigs, shadraps, huskyjerks, ratl traps, and some of those new storm softsided crankbaits) and couldnt even hook up a small one:( Man this weather pattern STINKS.. Hope it warms up soon

PS: thanks for the info Misfit but i think i may be cursed;)

·
MOD SQUAD
13,657 Posts
well at least you got out;)
i'm still waiting for the weather to cooperate so i can make my first trip of the year there:(

·
Scourge of Hoover
1,869 Posts
Yup, I'm waiting too. I think this weekend I'll finally get around to start prepping the boat for the season.

·
Sponser MHS
696 Posts
By this time last year fishing was getting steady at hoover from my log book. So far nothing if the weather does not turn its ugly head around could be a long wait. Only been out one time myself and the water was so muddy just left.:) At this pace mid- May mid- june might start seeing some action!!:p

Just wondering hows the water clarity these days any better?

·
Registered
773 Posts
Went for a drive around the lake today. Muddy, dirty,windy,rolling, not pretty at all.

·
Registered
773 Posts
NewB: Hilton Head was sooo sweeeet. Someone has to go. When you fish down south--you find out maybe you aren't that bad a fisherman after all. I did watch the reports on central Ohio activity. I thought I was going to miss some action--guess not. Good luck to all and a great spring is on the way. Beleive me I saw it first hand in S.C. Just taking its' time coming up I77.

·
Super Moderator
3,925 Posts
Sounds like you need a few weeks off then mickey!!:p
glad you had a good one and it had to be bitter sweet watching the weather here in the dog house. cheers to a heavy season:B

NewB: Hilton Head was sooo sweeeet. Someone has to go. When you fish down south--you find out maybe you aren't that bad a fisherman after all. I did watch the reports on central Ohio activity. I thought I was going to miss some action--guess not. Good luck to all and a great spring is on the way. Beleive me I saw it first hand in S.C. Just taking its' time coming up I77.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts