close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Hoover Reservoir 5-12-04

Discussion in 'Central Ohio Fishing Reports' started by bigfoot27, May 12, 2004.

1. Me and a friend hit Hoover after I got off of work today at 1pm. We didn't start fishing until 1:45pm. We caught 3 small gills, 15-20 crappies, and 1 largemouth. The crappies were between 10-14 inches, which we had 3 13-14 inchers. We were using bass and crappies minnows fishing with bobbers. It didn't matter if the minnows were alive or not. Also, they didn't stop biting after a Thunderstorm went through the area. We were fishing the northern end of the lake from the bank.

Darryl

2. I was going to go up there last night about the same time but it looked like it was going to storm so I didn't. I guess maybe next time I should. Sounds like a good afternoon. I hope you didn't get too wet.

fishintiger

3. Great job! Those are some dandy crappie, 14" WOW

4. dfoxfish

dfoxfish chairbustintruckdrowner

cool! i'm glad somebody else has gone up north. we've been catching good fish up there for a couple of weeks. i've posted my catches, but everybody seems to think you have to fish deep to get the crappies. i've been fishing the brush up there about 15 to 18" deep. even been getting slammed by c. kitties, too! biggest was over 9lbs. :D

5. Yup, it was a great afternoon. We started out fishing down 2-3 feet first and when the action was slowing down and the sun started to breaking through the clouds, we fished down 4-5 feet. I forgot to mention in my original post that we did see a 3-4 gar swimming around making the shad boil on the surface.

Darryl