close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Hoover Res. muddy??

Discussion in 'Central Ohio Fishing Reports' started by Ðe§perado™, May 21, 2008.

1. Ðe§perado™

Ðe§perado™ Catfisherman/Bowfisherman

How does the upper end of Hoover Res. look? I was going to head that way tonight.

2. SwollenGoat

SwollenGoat Scourge of Hoover

Littleking and I just got in. We fished middle section near LOTW and water was stained even back in the coves. Main lake was getting blown pretty bad, decent amount of chop (for Hoover) so I suspect North end will be the same.

3. Ðe§perado™

How did you guys do? I planned on maybe going over to shoot some carp. You see any up shallow?

4. SwollenGoat

Saw a couple carp up rolling in the shallows. Can't say we have much to report, we were targeting crappie. Found them scattered all over, not much size to them, threw 'em all back. Surface temps were 58-ish out on the main lake, I think we saw 60-61 degrees back in 3-4 fow.

This cold weather ain't helping.

5. Ðe§perado™

Hoover seems like always the last lake to warm up.

6. SwollenGoat

It always is, but I doubt Alum is much warmer. This continual string of cold fronts is really putting the fish in a funk. Hopefully this weekend will start to stabilize a weather pattern and the fish will get moving.

Heck, it was easier to catch crappie before the spawn than it is right now. :(