close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

hoover new years cancelled

Discussion in 'Central Ohio Fishing Reports' started by misfit, Dec 28, 2007.

1. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

after looking at the latest forecast this morning,i have no choice but to throw in the towel.i really wanted to do this because of the interest and offers of help from others,but common sense tells me it's not worth it.
    at this time the forecast is calling for windy,highs in the 20's with possible snow.i think that will probably keep several people away anyway,and it definitely isn't smart for me to risk my health.
    all the interest is great and appreciated,but i can't expect people to make concessions for me when i really shouldn't be there in the first place.
    if anyone decides to carry on the tradition,great,but don't forget to take some pics;)
    those who don't know me well or haven't fished with me,may not know how much i love getting on the water and sharing time with others,but those who have spent time with me know.
    but my deteriorating health just makes it very hard to do what i want at times.i'm on 24/7 oxygen therapy and and this weather increases the odds for bad things to happen due to my lung/heart condition.

again,my apologies.

2. Sorry rick, I know how much it pains you to post that. Highs in the 20s huh? Good call ;).

Anyone know how Grumpy is doing? Or how about Toad (Fred)? I never see him post anymore...

3. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

i do hate having to cancel.i was really looking forward to number 5.but after last year's pneumonia trip,i don't needc more problems that might affect my warm weather fishing.
    fred is lost in his woork.haven't heard from him since last week,but i think he's still with us.
    as for grumpy,last time i spoke with his wife,he still was in icu on a ventilator.they were talking a trach to try to get him off the ventilator and transferring him to an extended care type place,but i haven't heard anything lately.i just hope he's improving.

4. I just checked the weather...The temp doesnt bother me as much as the snow...snow doesnt bother me as much as the 20+ mph winds! It sounds like I ll have to catch hoover another time. Let me know if a spring get together or late winter is in the works!

5. DaleM

DaleM Original OGF Staff Member

Guys, Like Rick I dought if I can make this one either. early last week I had chest pains and have undergone quite a few test. I see my Doctor again Monday ( new years eve) and expect he'll send me in for a heart catheter. I don't think that kind of weather would be good for me at this time. I hate not being able to be there but until I get these problem taken care of I have to think of my health first. I'm doing better han I was but still having a few problems.
    If anyone does make it take some pics so we can enjoy it after the fact.

Happy New year to everyone as well.

6. Hey guys, It sounds like you made a good call. That wind you speak of is one of the only things that makes winter fishing dangerous in several ways! Frost bite, losing your balance, trying to keep your bait on target, not to mention if you already have health issues. I look foward to getting together with some of you when the season warms up. Our prayers will be said for you guys battling these health related issues!

7. Bummer. I just got out of bed to check the site.
    Been down with the flew or something. Gonna see doc
    Monday Morn.

You know what is said, " it dont rain but that it pours "

HOPE EVERY=ONE GETS THEIR STUFF TOGETHER
    for this springs fishing.

Hey Dale. are we gonna have a booth at the
    Dispatch boat and travel show?

Capt Hook

8. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

hope you get to feeling better,tom.
    maybe you can car pool to the doc with me and dale,since we all have doc appointments monday:D

9. DaleM

Tom.
    Yes we will be having the booth again. When we find out our number we'll post it here. Hope to see you there again.
    All I'm aiming for now is getting better and the OK to hit Erie for the spring outing at Turtle creek. Plus a lot of other trips. Heck, I'm still planning on getting out on the ice- But the Doctors will have the final say on that one.

10. SwollenGoat

SwollenGoat Scourge of Hoover

LOL, hate to be a "me too". However, my excuse isn't medically related. :D

I was fortunate to pick up a good deal on a 2005 9.9 Merc 4-stroke kicker to replace my Nissan 9.9 2-stroke. I've already de-installed the Nissan, but haven't gotten the Merc. hooked up yet. So, if I were to come it would only be to hang out at the docks anyway.

If anybody does go out, make sure to be very careful.

11. DaleM

Sounds to me like we need to plan a Spring outing when the weather warms a bit:D
    As I have said getting old is not for sissy's:p
    Take care everyone and have a great New Years. Again, if you guys pull this off try and get a few pictures for the "old" guys to enjoy.

12. shroomhunter

shroomhunter USMC 1979-1983

Since the New Years Day outing has been cancelled, in the spirit of the event, I'm going to Hoover tonight for some New Years Eve saugeye fishing.

Good luck to all you ol' fellas:D at the doctor today!! Hope your New Year is one of improved health and many great hooksets!!!

Misfit...As soon as the weather breaks we have some saugeye at Dillon and Wills Creek to catch, take good care of yourself till then! The next time I get a couple at Buckeye I'll bring them over to you.

13. Rick sounds like living on your own has already done you good. You're smarter already. :D Now you can go party with the boys and the grandkids. :D Happy New Year to everyone.

14. NewbreedFishing

NewbreedFishing High Speed Angling

glad its cancelled with that forecast...
    now i wont look like the puss for not showing :)

happy new year guys.

15. DaleM

Now there's a man who tells it like it is:D
    I agree, that forcast looks like they knew we have changed plans. If anyone does get out, please becareful, sounds like it will be a nasty day for sure.

16. Hey guys drove up to hoover on sunday fished alot of the west side and the dam. Not even a nibble until 4pm when I hooked into a 23" Large mouth! No one else around and armed only with my cell phone I took a picture of it on my phone...Biggest bass of my life with no witnesses and Now I gotta figure out how to email from my phone!

Great lake I didnt expect all the turn offs and parking lots. gave a bank fisherman alot of options!

17. My congrats to those catchin,
    ditto to those fishin,.

Gonna Miss Jan 1 at Hoover.\,
    but doc says I have walking, p nu moni.

Bed rest and bland diet, lots of liquid (no hard stuff):p
    and antibiotics at about $5.00 per pill.:(
    Worse thing I can say here is oh shucks
    but I know most of you can read my mind.:D

Move over Rick, another olden bites the dust.

Capt. Hook

18. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

you're still a wuss:p ;)
    hahaha.i was always smart.just because she called me stupid all the time,didn't make it so:D
    and if i wasn't smart,i'd still be there;)

tom,take care and dump that bug.
    my trip to the doc didn't end on a good note.sat for an hour,got up and told the receptionist to let doc know he'll be billed for my wasted time and he can call me cause i'm not wasting my time and gas to sit in the waiting room all day:mad:

19. DaleM

Mine went a little better ( I think:confused: )
    He is scheduling me to see the Cardiologist as soon as possible. I had one area of the heart that isn't getting all the blood it should so that may mean a blockage. When I see him he'll most likely do a cathater of my heart.
    I'm now on 2 new meds. One for my chlosteral and one to prevent any infection 'till I see the heart Doc. No heavy lifting at all ( anything over 20 lbs. is off limits.) Plus a diet is coming shortly!:eek: WOW what a great day this has been.:D Hey at least they didn't put me in the hospital YET!
    Take care guys. And enjoy the New Years.

20. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

don't even mention that H word:p