Hoover Get Together

Discussion in 'Central Ohio Fishing Reports' started by CRESTLINER, Dec 7, 2008.

1. CRESTLINER

CRESTLINER Member

Two years ago on the 1st of January there was a little get together for some of the OFG'S , has anyone heard if that is going to happen this year......

2. shroomhunter

shroomhunter USMC 1979-1983

Don't know, the whole thing started with Misfit and Toad going out fishing on New Years Day a few years ago, then it became quite an event for a couple years. I doubt there is enough water to launch a boat there now and probably not much chance there will be, better chance the lake will be frozen. Maybe a get together somewhere ice fishing would be better. I know a good sized group got together at Fairfield Beach(Buckeye Lake) last year.
    Misfit or Dale usually call the Rondezvous!

3. Wow cant beleive Misfit has not posted a reply on this thread yet......

4. shroomhunter

Probably sitting in front of his computer snoring away wearing those cute little shorts he got at the Misfit Open saugeye tourney;)

5. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

just woke up from my nap.i think it was due to getting chilled,wearing nothing but those "cute little shorts":D

this year,i'm turning it over to anyone who wants to continue the tradition.my attendance will be dictated by weather and water levels.i also am without a boat,after selling mine last winter when i moved to newark:(
    getting older and tireder hasn't helped either:eek:

6. shroomhunter

Sometimes ya just gotta pull his chain!!;)

How ya doing Rick? Hope all is well!

7. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

if spring came tomorrow,things would be much better:)

8. DaleM

DaleM Original OGF Staff Member

With the water so low at Hoover, maybe a get together at Buckeye ( Fairfield) beach would be a better choice. I'll see what happens and we'll plan something for sure, maybe not news year day, but for sure sometime this winter. Being closer to Rick, I'm sure I set up my tent and have it heated for Rick. ( as well as the other old guys)

9. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

good idea,dale.i kinda doubt hoover will come up much in the next 3 weeks unless we get lots and lots of rain.
    i sure wish i could get around better,cause there's lots of spots i'd like to gps with the water down.you know....those little "spot on a spot" things;)

10. What if we gathered at a spillway? That way there would be a better chance of no ice and be fishable. Just an idea.....

11. shroomhunter

Hard to believe the New Year is here already...where did 08 go?!!

12. hahaha....every new years it gets harder & harder to psych myself up to leave a perfectly good house w/a fire in the fireplace, college football on tv, the aroma of my famous roast pork & kraut smelling up said house....just to freeze my nads off with the rest of you nut cases :p !%.

13. Perchy101

Perchy101 Here Fishy Fishy Fishy

Wait, aren't you one of those "old" guys?! :)

Fish on!

14. SwollenGoat

SwollenGoat Scourge of Hoover

LOL, you say that with so much compassion Terry!