Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Sponser MHS
696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fishing was good this morning!! Was targeting crappies stated out at 6am the bite was non-stop. Caught at least 50 crappie with the usual dinks but mostly slabs between 9-12 inches. All caught using a jig called slabbuster in 1-5 fow. Done well casting away from the stumps and reeling toward them. Fish seemed a little spooky and this helped me stay on the fish longer.

Went to the creek to see if the whitebass were running. Fishing pressure is high right now. Never seen so many anglars at hoover.:D Waders, bankers, and boaters were trying there luck. Did not see anyone catching any. Talked to a few folks that said they caught 2or 3 early in the morning but that was it. From what i saw its not started yet but its very close.

Here is the catch of the day!!!

·
Scourge of Hoover
1,869 Posts
Nice job Mike! Wish I could have been out there with ya', but work has been busy this year. Hopefully this rain coming won't screw up the bite like it did last year, cause I'm shootin' for this weekend!

·
Sponser MHS
696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks sean getting a late start like me;) dont feel bad it was my first trip. I think the front thats coming is going to slow things down only a few days. By this weekend it will be fine. Weather going to be stable. Good luck this weekend!!

·
MOD SQUAD
13,657 Posts
glad to hear you guys got onto some active fish.i would loved to have been out today,but i'm too beat up from yesterday,LOL.

·
Sponser MHS
696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sweet deal LK!! Sounds like all the regulars are catching fish now. But for the eye guys were they at? Have not heard any reports on the eyes this year.:confused:

·
Lucky Fisher, or skilled?
1,887 Posts
atleast ya can get out lol, i have to go to school.
nice bag must have been fun.

·
Registered
773 Posts
Took the boat up the creek(Big Walnut) this afternoon. Monday 4/30. Water was dirty all the way up. Not much action at all. Few dink crappies and small white bass. Very slow bite. Didn't look like much going on from the bank either.:(

1 - 9 of 9 Posts