Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
AKA Dnavarroj
1,368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hows the bite?
Got skunked at buckeye.Lost a favorite 12 dollar lure, and 1 pissed off shovel head.
Hopefully at hoover somethings biting? white bass crappie or saugeye. any help guys?:)

·
Scourge of Hoover
1,869 Posts
White bass should be easy to find in the morning. Just look for the schools flipping near the surface. Most of the good bites only last about an hour. Crappie will be suspended deep - Saugeye will be...wherever they disappear to this time of year. :D

·
AKA Dnavarroj
1,368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hoping to hit it this friday about 6 till 10.hope to catch something.
:)

·
Registered
81 Posts
I been catching crappies at 18-24ft. at hoover mon. and tues. this week and might be heading out friday morning after work if the rain holds off til late.

·
Registered
787 Posts
It was windy today but that was a good thing. Just turn the boat sideways and drift with crawlers or blade baits. The channel cats were there along with white bass. About 22 to 16 fow. South end, east side. If you are looking at the brush and trees along the shoreline, forget it. Stay at least 50 yds. out. Good luck !!

·
AKA Dnavarroj
1,368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I caught 16 crappie, and 1 big white bass. Lost 3:(
All the fish were in the 18 to 20 foot depth. Gonna do it again tomorrow.

·
Registered
150 Posts
I hit Hoover Friday also. Caught around 20 crappies 9-11" on a crappie spreader/minnows with the crappie suspended at around 17' in 32' water off a point. Then pulled crawler harnesses with bottom bouncers: 8 saugeyes - 4 shorts, one 15", two 17", one 18", one 16" largemouth, one 24" channel cat, misc. white bass, perch, bluegills. In the morning, blade color did not matter, caught fish on sliver, gold, fire tiger blades, but in the afternoon #2 figer tiger is what I did best on. The saugeyes were on the slopes of the points or in the troughs of the coves between the flats in 12 - 20' FOW. I have been getting very few fish on crank baits and doing much better with crawler harnesses.

·
AKA Dnavarroj
1,368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Dang rain soaked me and the boy.
Caught 7 crappie and 1 13 inch crappie. Lost a nice catfish at the boat!
Was useing cranks, but minnows were the ticket. 19 ft of water in 30fow.:)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts