close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Hoover Fishing Seminar X

Discussion in 'Central Ohio Fishing Reports' started by Longbarbels, Jan 10, 2008.

1. The ticket window is now open for reservations for Hoover Seminar X. Doesn't seem like it's been 10 years, but time passes when you're having fun. Full details are available at http://fishandtales.net/fishing.htm First come, first serve. Limited to first 325. 100% of all proceeds go to Walnut Springs Middle School Wolves Fishing Club.

Thanks to all of you who've supported the kids in the past as we raised over $10,000 last year.

Long Barbels

2. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

thank you sir:)
    my check will be forthcoming.

3. Code:
    my check will be forthcoming.
    Great. While you're in a check writing mode, why not write one for the paltry Guide Fees from last year?

Long Barbels

4. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

that check was mailed long ago.i suggest you speak with the postal authorities about the delay in delivery:p

5. SwollenGoat

SwollenGoat Scourge of Hoover

Jeeez, do we need a referee for you two? :D

I will be there if only to heckle Mr. Frame at his Crappie presentation.
    (Just kidding Shaun)

6. What good prizes will be ther for me to win this year? Any new boats? I've got a great color fishfinder that's looking for a boat to go on. :D

7. Wow, that's impressive. What sorts of things do they (wolves fishing club) spend the money on?

8. I'd like to know that too. I think I heard they spend it on trips, and maybe equipment. I can't really remember though. I'm sure it gets used wisely though.

9. They have uniforms, gear, attend tournaments, travel, do community projects, and hold annual awards banquet to name a few items that come to mind.

Long Barbels

10. Nah. What we need is a crowbar to get into his wallet. If we had Rick's money, we'd burn ours. It's such a paltry debt that one would think it's in his pocket all the time.

Long Barbels

11. SwollenGoat

Amen Jim. :D

*BTW - can you shed some light (details) on the seminars given by Will Susi and Ray Petering? Just a brief overview perhaps?

12. Well, Goat, it will be whatever you want it to cover as all sessions will be question-driven. We ask everyone to turn your questions in at the door and each speaker will try and address them. For instance, you could ask Ray why he doesn't stock more 30" Cats and lots more Shad to feed them, instead of all those stinkin' Saugeye. Seems like a pertinent question, doesn't it?

Long Barbels

13. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

you guys need to lighten up.hurt my feelings and i may not grace you with my ominous presence on the water this year:p

14. SwollenGoat

Oh come on now Rick, I thought you were "thicker skinned" than that.
    Then again, you might not have had so many hook injuries, eh? :p :D

15. That just means no forgotten drain plugs, hooks in the fingers, lost rods over the side, shall I go on? :D :p

16. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

maybe i'd best quit while i'm ahead:D

btw,my skin is still thicker than the soles of your boots:p :D

17. For the goat,
    Will Susi will be talking tackle knots sinkers hooks and anything you want to hear about He is a thirty year friend of mine and you will not be sorry to attend his session, I will be there. I can't sasy he has forgotten more than I know because he never forgets anything, ever. While it is not on the subject if you ever need info on reloading, gun smithing or shooting that is what he does more than fishing.

18. SwollenGoat

UPDATE:

I just made my reservations with Jim Today, 1/15. (Slipped my mind)

Apparantly, the saugeye study is now closed as I was able to snag the last few openings. I strongly urge anyone that hasn't called yet please make your reservations NOW or risk being left out!

This seminar sells out faster and faster every year because it is for a good cause, and well worth the price of admission.

Good luck!

19. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

i have an extra registration(including the eye study) in case a friend didn't get in yet.if i still have it when the seminar gets close,it will be available for my cost,as happened last year.it will only be good for those 4 sessions i have already reserved.
    seminar could be sold out tis week at the rate it's going.

20. Heck, since you went to all that trouble rick...I'll take it :). This would be my first HFS.