close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

hoover eyes 6/8

Discussion in 'Central Ohio Fishing Reports' started by misfit, Jun 8, 2004.

1. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

hit hoover with toad this evening,looking for a little saugeye action.we trolled and drifted harnesses in 16-20 fow for about an hour,with no action.moved to a point,and picked up one fish in 8 fow.taking our cue from that,we anchored up and finished the evening casting roadrunners,jigs and harnesses.we pulled over 2 dozen eyes from the spot,but most were just under 14 inches,with a few dinks and 4 small eaters.had a lot of misses also.we were hoping the bigger fish would move up before we had to leave,but it wasn't in the cards.the point was loaded with baitfish periodically,and whenever they poopped up on the screen,we knew we were in for more action.lots of fun even if we didn't find the bigger fish.there's always next time ;)

2. happy to see you got out rick....
    i got my boat home and im starting to get it ready to paint.
    see ya
    scott :D :D :D

3. Interesting. Seems like whenever I hear a good eye report from Hoover, the fish are shallow (8' or less). The deeper waters give up maybe one nice eye here or there if you're lucky. Did you read the saugeye report on Horan's site? Some guy claims that he "trolled the Middle-East section Saturday using various colors of ¼-oz Hot-N-Tots in 16’ depth, caught 20 fish with most over 16". Do you believe any of that....or is the Middle-East section really on fire right now?