Hoover bass

Discussion in 'Central Ohio Fishing Reports' started by chopper, May 15, 2018.

1. Is anyone else having trouble this year with bass at Hoover. I can't put anything together. They don't seem to be in the bushes yet.

2. RiparianRanger

RiparianRanger Bronze > Gold

Yes. Seem to have a case of lockjaw. Was out twice last week and temperatures were 61 to 67. Everything I’ve read says black bass spawn at 62 degrees so I assumed they had something other than feeding on the mind. The crappie and white bass were more than willing to bite so we had fun chasing them instead.

Being a deeper upland reservoir I understand Hoover often warms up later than many other area lakes, but if I had to guess it’s behind schedule this year with the cold (practically non existent) Spring.

3. skywayvett

skywayvett skyway

I was out last Sunday ,Got 4 biggest was right at 3.2lb. South pool . Chatter bait

Saugeyefisher likes this.
  4. Had 5 bass in an hour Saturday till the wind changes. 10 fow south of red bank east side, old road culvert, Carolina rig pink bubble gum

bman likes this.
  5. bman

bman

Brown or green?

6. Was out only 2hrs. today (Thur) in middle pool. These windy days sure stir up the water, especially in tight where you think they should be.
    Hard to maintain boat position and the water just doesn't look good.
    Water temp. 73

7. RiparianRanger

(Surface) Water sure is warming up. The creek isn't even that warm. Tempted to drop a thermometer overboard on a line to check the temp ten feet down for some indication whether they should be done spawning or not. Old timers say they spawn when the cottonwood fuzz is littered all over... then again this isn't the typical year weather wise.

8. RiparianRanger

Biggest?