Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so while crappie fishing with slip bobbers and minnows and jigs, i have yet to hit a bass anywhere. i wouldve thought flipping into all them bushes and trees i wouldve nailed one out of there. one day i stopped at a lil spot and threw a small inline spinner all around some trees and bushes where there seemed to be some activity with the shad on top water but came up empty. i have never fished hoover before for bass, mostly alum which can be fustrating at times and very good others:) , so with all that brush in hoover and underwater forage, where does a guy even start to bass fish, there is so much structure! :confused:

·
Super Moderator
3,920 Posts
Lots of shad hanging in the shallows so the fishings gotta be pretty tuff for the LM/SM. The should be looking to bed down here really soon lakewide.
Surface temps are in the 70's. They may be more accessable after the spawn. This spring didnt get the gradual warm-up. All of sudden lake temps just shot up and made the fish hard to pattern or tempt.

·
Sponser MHS
696 Posts
Caught a few along the riprap on floating minnow. The like to hide under the rocks and ambush prey. This is during the later months after the spawn around july-august.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts