Hoover bank fishing spot?

Discussion in 'Central Ohio Fishing Reports' started by Corn, Jul 1, 2008.

1. I have never been to Hoover yet. Normally fish Alum or Delaware. If someone could share a good spot to bank fish i would greatly appreciate it. Doesn't have to be a hot spot, just looking to catch some panfish i think. Just need enough room for me and co-worker to fit into. Pm's work too if you don't want to share with everyone as well.

2. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

try the rip rap along both bridges.easy access and the crapppies and white bass should be found in those areas now,along with the occasional saugeye,channel cats and bass.

3. Capital outdoorsman

Capital outdoorsman day late, dollar short

I just caught a bunch of 7 inch sunnies off the rip rap between baldridge ramp and the bridge on sunday (didn't keep em). You can cath anything in that area. Even got a FO catfish. Under the bridge you can do well on crappies. I also caught a nice snapping turtle there on my ultralight, although you may not want to target those things.:p

4. Whats rip rap never heard of that before?

...and thanks for the info !

5. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

rip rap=the big boulders along the water's edge along the roads and bridges.

6. So you can catch saugeye from the rocks there?! How big? On what lure?

7. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

well,the state record is over 14 pounds,so it could be possible to catch one at that big;)
    as for baits,your standard saugeye baits.jigs,crankbaits,jerkbaits,minnies,crawlers,etc.