close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Hoover 9-24

Discussion in 'Central Ohio Fishing Reports' started by Grumpy, Sep 24, 2007.

1. Grumpy

Grumpy Certified Old Geezer

Hit Hoover for a couple of hours this morning. Worked vibes and minnows thru tons of fish that, for the most part, had lockjaw. Did pick up some decent crappie. Not a single white bass. The crappie were mouthing the baits like they were afraid of them. The salvation of the day was a fish that hit the vibe, bent the lightweight rod right under the boat with its first run. I was using 4lb. line and figured I would have some fun before the line snapped. As it turned out my drag did its thing and some minutes later I put a carp in the net that weighed in at 8 1/4lbs. If I don't catch another fish this week the fun that carp gave me will do just fine. :) :) :)

2. wow didnt know that a carp would hit a vibee....or i should ask first i guess, is that what it hit?

3. Grumpy

Yep. The carp hit the vibe.

4. seethe303

seethe303 Senior Executive Member

I've had carp hit jigs before while saugeye fishing. *shrugs*

I am hoping Hoover will start picking up after this cold front comes through in the next few days.

5. Grumpy I did the same thing last Friday at Hoover except mine was around 25 to 30 Pound Flathead on a ultra light out fit and 6 pound test on a Cicada blade bait. Thought i had a tail hooked Channel boy was i supprized when i finaly gought it to the boat my right forearm was about to explode.All i could think of was sure wish " Misfit " could see this i had my small net in the boat and old whiskers would not fit in it bigest cat i have ever caught.First thought i was snaged until it started swimming off sure made my day. Tight lines to ya Fishguy

6. Grumpy

"sure wish " Misfit " could see this" Misfit? Misfit? Who's he????? Never heard of him.

7. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

yes,i definitely would have loved to have seen that:B
    i'm sure you were a bit sore after the battle on that tackle,LOL.
    i keep treatening to spend time targeting those critters there,but never seem to get to it:(
    as they say.........................................one of these days;)
    your worst nightmare when fishing against him:p :D

8. Grumpy

Only in your imagination.

9. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

and a very vivid imagination it is:D ;)
    hopefully the weather will permit me to get on the lake this week to back up my claim:D

10. Grumpy

I think the weather might just cooperate later in the week. And I don't move the boat just because the other guy is catching fish. :D And I don't forget the gas, bait, drainplug, life jackets, donuts, etc., etc.,etc. :D :D

11. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

oh that's it.resort to tossing my dirty skivvies out into the street:eek: :( :p :D

12. Grumpy

Well, good Lord willin, and the creeks don't rise, Fri. looks good.

13. starcraft

starcraft Sponser MHS

Sounds like a fun fight with a carp:)

Starting to think u can catch anything on a vibee i had a channel cat hit one so hard i thought i had a nice Lm. It just got so darn hot in the last few days. Got the bite off. Wont be to much longer once fall finally shows up. Its gonna be fun times and some nice fish caught. Maybe a saugeye or 2 might get active.;) sure be nice to land a 5 pounder.