close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Hoover 8/16

Discussion in 'Central Ohio Fishing Reports' started by Grumpy, Aug 16, 2004.

1. Grumpy

Grumpy Certified Old Geezer

What an incredible morning to be on the water!! Trolled Shad Raps (#5 and #7) for an hour or so. Stayed well off shore over 15 - 20 ft. of water. Picked up some decent crappie. All were in the 10 1/2 - 12+ in. range. For whatever reason, the crappie seem to be really chubby this year. Guess they did not hear about the Atkins diet. The larger crappie were picked up at about 15 - 18 ft. on a "Down Deep" Rapala. :)

2. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

since i haven't been concentrating on crappies lately,you need to put them on ice for me :D ;)
    are you going out in the morning?looks like another good day.shortdrift and i will be launching about 7:00-7:30.hopefully the eyes will be on the feed again :cool: along with the whites,to fill in the time between eyes.

3. Grumpy

I'll most likely be out again tomorrow morning. I doubt that it will be 7:00 or 7:30.. :D You know me well enough to know that I'm out at the crack of 9:00... :D

4. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

:D yep,i know your program.when i don't have the wife kick me out of bed before 5,mine's the same.but then,i have to drive more than 2 minutes to launch my boat too :p ;)

5. Grumpy

Actually I have to drive about 4 min. to the launch since I switched from Walnut St. to Red Bank... :D

6. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

that's terrible :(
    no wonder you're so late getting out :rolleyes: :p :D