close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Hoover 8-14

Discussion in 'Central Ohio Fishing Reports' started by jpackr, Aug 16, 2004.

1. Launched from Red Bank and fished middle section east side from 6 till 11. Within the first half hour caught my biggest bass so far this year 21" 4.5# on a spinnerbait. My buddy caught a 1.5# a short time later. Other than a half dozen dinks, not much after that. Water temps 74.
    Saw a lot of wildlife out there. First, a trumpet swan-a good 3 ft. tall and not too friendly I might add, a deer, turkey, bald eagle and we think an osprey. Weather was beautiful, just wish the fish were biting a little better.

2. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

say what? ;)
    that swan is way too friendly.people have made a begger out of him.i was there most of the day saturday,also.he was trying to mooch off me,as well as anyone else he saw,lol.some were feeding him,but a few of us wouldn't.the ones who did,usually had a friend for the day,lol.i,ve seen him all over the middle section,with his head hangin' over the side of peoples' boats,begging,but never being unfriendly.you must have fed him something he didn't like :D ;) JK.
    usually,when you shoo him away,he'll get the "hint" ;)

3. Grumpy

Grumpy Certified Old Geezer

I turned around in my seat one day last week and there it was. Head over the side of my boat looking directly at the sandwich I was eating. Tried to shoo it away but it's mind was on something to eat. Never did get rid of it until I speeded up a bit and out ran him. Watched it pester another angler this morning........ lol. Never saw it do anything nasty. Just making a pain in the a$$ out of itself.

4. LOL! Same thing happened to me last week. That swan must've paid a visit to every boat in the central section including mine. When I first saw him, he was following a boat that was trying to outrun him with his electric. I thought he was some sort of fancy planer board until I did a double take.