Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Hoover 8-14

Discussion in 'Central Ohio Fishing Reports' started by jpackr, Aug 16, 2004.

1. Launched from Red Bank and fished middle section east side from 6 till 11. Within the first half hour caught my biggest bass so far this year 21" 4.5# on a spinnerbait. My buddy caught a 1.5# a short time later. Other than a half dozen dinks, not much after that. Water temps 74.
    Saw a lot of wildlife out there. First, a trumpet swan-a good 3 ft. tall and not too friendly I might add, a deer, turkey, bald eagle and we think an osprey. Weather was beautiful, just wish the fish were biting a little better.
  2. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

say what? ;)
    that swan is way too friendly.people have made a begger out of him.i was there most of the day saturday,also.he was trying to mooch off me,as well as anyone else he saw,lol.some were feeding him,but a few of us wouldn't.the ones who did,usually had a friend for the day,lol.i,ve seen him all over the middle section,with his head hangin' over the side of peoples' boats,begging,but never being must have fed him something he didn't like :D ;) JK.
    usually,when you shoo him away,he'll get the "hint" ;)

3. Grumpy

Grumpy Certified Old Geezer

I turned around in my seat one day last week and there it was. Head over the side of my boat looking directly at the sandwich I was eating. Tried to shoo it away but it's mind was on something to eat. Never did get rid of it until I speeded up a bit and out ran him. Watched it pester another angler this morning........ lol. Never saw it do anything nasty. Just making a pain in the a$$ out of itself.
  4. LOL! Same thing happened to me last week. That swan must've paid a visit to every boat in the central section including mine. When I first saw him, he was following a boat that was trying to outrun him with his electric. I thought he was some sort of fancy planer board until I did a double take.