close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Hoover 7/22

Discussion in 'Central Ohio Fishing Reports' started by Capital outdoorsman, Jul 23, 2007.

1. Capital outdoorsman

Capital outdoorsman day late, dollar short

Spent about 4 hrs at Hoover last night from 5-9 looking for some crappie. Fishing was TOUGH early on in the ME section caught about 5 in the first 2 hrs. Finally found some decent size ones on the MW section during the last hour. Fishing about 15-18 ft down in about 28 fow. Couldn't keep the minnies in the water long right before dusk it was a feeding frenzy. Ended up with about 30 only a handful were 9+ though. I put em all back cuz I didn't feel like cleaning any fish last night. Tough decision, eat fresh fish or get sleep before the work week.

I keep trying out new crappie baits and I have to say the beetle spin was not a success last night. Not 1 crappie. Not to say its a bad bait but not on the menu last night.

2. It sounds like a productive evening for you though. The beatle spin has been ok for me at times and nadda others. I never had a really great experience with a lure that looks so yummy. It sounds like they were just bitting the minnies . Still you can't complain about 30 fish.