Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to try Hoover with a friend around 5:30am. We do a lot of trolling for eyes. Just kind of wondering if anyone has been doing any good over there. This year I tried hoover 6 or 7 times with little luck. Most of the eyes we caught were dinks. We troll a lot of Hot n Tots and Thunder sticks. If any one has any advise for me I'm always ready to listen.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I fished the lower end just on the bridge trolling Hot n Tots caught one small channel cat. Then trolled back under the bridge around the old gravel pit and caught a nice 2 pound channel cat. Then the crappie started hitting li ke crazy ended up throwing 8 back. The saugeye fishing just isn't what it used to be when I was growing up. I can remember going with my dad trolling Alum creek and both of us catching our limit most days. Another good place and probably the best lake to troll on back years ago was Kill deer plains. We use to go fishing and catch huge walleye till the problem with the hole in the bank or whatever happened. I cant believe they never fixed the problem that use to be my favorite place to go fishing.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts