close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Hoover 6/6/08

Discussion in 'Central Ohio Fishing Reports' started by Columbusslim31, Jun 6, 2008.

1. Columbusslim31

Columbusslim31 Student of Finjitsu

Just got back from Hoover. Water is very stained as expected. Fished the east area with shrimp on bottom, bass minnows, a crankbait, a spinnerbait, a jig, and a buzzbait. No takers on anything except the minnows. Got one six inch crappie and this guy:

[​IMG]

A nice 20 incher. Caught in 3 FOW about 7-10 feet from shore. First nice-sized cat of the year for me. A blast on 4lb test line.

2. thats a nice looking cat fish. Had to be tough getting her in with 4 pound test! Cats are always fun to fight

3. Great cat, slim. I love catching those on light tackle.

4. Ðe§perado™

Ðe§perado™ Catfisherman/Bowfisherman

Nice cat! Is the carp still jumping around?

5. Columbusslim31

Not much around the area I was fishing. But there were a lot of fish surfacing. Not jumping, just rolling and surfacing.

6. nice cat, very hot day though and tough condition, spent my past two days on alum, you hit that spot we talked about? was the water high at hoover, like it is at alum for tha past two days anyways, bout to be drwn out now.

7. Bubba bass bigfoot

Bubba bass bigfoot Lucky Fisher, or skilled?

Nice cat, hope their hitting at Buckeye for me.

8. Columbusslim31

I haven't gone to the spot yet. And yes the water is still very high. If we get this rain they say we're going to get, it'll be even higher.:mad:

9. TurkGrave

TurkGrave Keep ya line tight!

I love catching bluegill and want to get my daughter out fishing this week since she is out of school somewhere close to home were she can catch a least a couple bluegill. If anyone knows of a bluegill spots please share. Thanks and good luck!

10. i believe u could probaly catch a couple near the dam by the boat docks right off sunbury road

11. TurkGrave

TurkGrave Keep ya line tight!

Ok thanks Danshady I know exactly where you talking about will try it this week.

12. hey marshall did you see my post on the 34" musky i caught on a buzzbait on alum thursday eve, that was right out in the front of the cove on the main lake point that we went to 2nd, north of the marina when we went out for crappies. wow that was awesome, my buddy got a pic on his camera phone i havent got from him yet though! that is the first one i ever got into the boat, i hooked one big one a other time bassin and i caught two small ones in the spillway b4

13. Columbusslim31

Niiiiiiiiiice. And on a buzzbait no less. People are always talking about how Alum is such a great muskie lake. I'll tell you what though, before I started fishing really heavy, I had never seen or even heard of a muskie being caught. So to even know someone who's caught one still baffles me. I've only seen one caught in person before. And it was in the most unlikely of places in my opinion. It was the length of the one you caught. Here's the photo for perspective:
    [​IMG]

14. Columbusslim31

The twin bridges area is great for bluegill. Last summer, especially early morning, you could catch a dozen or so (underestimating) within 30 minutes. Of course the water was a good 3-4 feet lower then than it is now, so it's debateable.