Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Holy crap it was windy! My buddy has a 17' deep V style boat and we had the tips of a few waves come over the sides. I believe that is a first for us. We did manage to hide from the wind in some coves and on the back side of some islands, but nothing much was going on. We hit the crappie pretty good Wednesday evening in the shallows, but they just weren't biting like that today. After about 5hrs we only had maybe 10 crappie total. Other than just getting out of the house the only good part about today was one of the crappie my buddy caught was a nice 13+ Fish Ohio. Any of you guys out there have any better luck than we did?

·
Lucky Fisher, or skilled?
1,887 Posts
atleast ya were fishing. and 10 fish with a fish ohio aint that bad.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
yea man, i pulled up to the ramp at oxbow and was thinking i could put in and hurray around the corner insde the islands, but my boat was in the water for 5 minutes and like three big waves hit the back transom and came over into the boat with about 6 inches of water and i was all about gettin the trailer back into the water and boat back on it. lol it sucked!!!! had my girlfriend with me and she was havin no part of tryin to brave those white caps at hoover today.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts