close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Hoover 5 - 26

Discussion in 'Central Ohio Fishing Reports' started by Grumpy, May 26, 2004.

1. Grumpy

Grumpy Certified Old Geezer

Fun morning on Hoover. Caught 8 channel cats in about 1 1/2 hrs. None were large with the largest weighing in a 4 1/2 lbs. Lots of fun on light tackle. ;)

2. Just wondering what the cats like to eat out there? Do you often find them within bank access?

Norm

3. Hey Grumpy - I know you are familair with Hoover and was hoping you could help me out.

I've only fished Hoover 1 time (from the bank) and am very unfamiliar with the lake. I plan to take my boat to Hoover this weekend in hopes to avoid party boaters and do some serious fishing. I have a lake map that indicates lake depth as well as ramp positions.

I would primarily like to target crappie/gills and channel cats. Could you provide me with some general advice as far as what area of the lake I should be fishing? What ramp would you suggest I put my boat in? Any help would be appreciated. You don't need to direct me to a spot, or anything - just a general area and I'll find the fish from there.

Thanks in advance!

4. dfoxfish

dfoxfish chairbustintruckdrowner

:p i just typed a big answer to you're qestion, then my connection to compusevre took a crap. p.m. me and i can give you the the info you need! hoover really is the best central ohio lake to fish!!!! we'll talk if you want! :D

5. katfishmcgraw

katfishmcgraw aficianado

launch at red bank since there is a bait store close by... I do not know much about the lake except that there is soooooooo much structure it's hard to pick where to start fishin at :eek:...Caution!!!! If wind is 15mph or more it can be pretty wavy; which is when I can usually find the fish (figure that one out for me will ya) :confused: Good luck

6. dfoxfish

dfoxfish chairbustintruckdrowner

red bank is a nice ramp to use, but you can't count on the bait store to be open. :mad: it got so bad, i stop at the dutch on the way up even though they count EVERY single minnow. buy 4 dozen, you get 4 dozen. not a single extra minnow.

7. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

maybe you should go before midnight,and they would be open :rolleyes: ;)

that's why i go to red bank(before midnight) :D

8. Just wanted to say thanks for all the help guys! ;) I didn't make it last weekend with all the storms, but I'm probably going to try to make the trip this weekend. I'll put your advise to good use and report back with the results. :D I've got a blue 14' tri-hull with a Force 9.9, If any of you guys see me out - stop and say hi!