Hoover 11/10

Discussion in 'Central Ohio Fishing Reports' started by spidey, Nov 10, 2007.

1. The barometer is looking good at the moment and the NW wind seems perfect. In search of that saugeye off the rip-rap... or more whitebass.

2. seethe303

seethe303 Senior Executive Member

I was there last night. no saugeye for me, but I did see one nice one caught. it was slower despite the weather looking great, I ended up with two white bass and a nice smallmouth.

good luck! post results!

3. How big was the s-eye that you seen caught?

4. seethe303

18-20" would be my estimate.

5. Rats!!! Nothing but whitebass. Ended up with over 30, maybe close to 40 (stopped counting) but I was looking for something a little bigger and more toothy. Caught two 14-15 inch largemouth (released) and about a dozen dink crappie running in the 8 to 9 inch range. Those went back too. I did hook into something that wasn't a whitebass that had some weight to it. It shook its head as I got it close and threw the hook. Could'a been, might'a been a saugeye, but I'm guessing it was a smallmouth. Those things have been aggressive lately and not breaking the surface like they often do in the fight.

6. seethe303

heh same thing happened to me yesterday. hooked into a decent fish that was staying deep and fighting like a saugeye... turned out it was a 15" smallie!! it was nice to catch but I too wanted an 'eye

7. A chunky SM is always a welcome surprise when fishing for something else. I may not get that saugeye until next spring in the frigid spillway with numb feet, a runny nose and frozen fingers standing shoulder to shoulder with a dozen other anglers aiming at the same spot. Ahhhhh, what fond memories.