Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
day late, dollar short
868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Launched at oxbow after work and fished a few of the cove areas. Wasn't even marking any fish. The bank fishers said they caught a few crappies but that was it. I traveled quite a ways and really was having a hard time finding them. Only managed some small ones, a big channel cat and the biggest white bass I have ever caught. Had to be full of eggs as it was fat. Put up a huge fight, thought I had a saugeye. It was 16 inches but probably went 2+ pounds. Then the wind picked up and caught me by surprise (in a canoe). Almost capsized and lost a rod. It was a cheap combo that I got on clearance but it was my favorite because the reel NEVER seemed to get messed up. Damn!

·
MOD SQUAD
13,657 Posts
i was out earler yesterday,and the fish weren't on my sunday spots in any numbers.but i think i left too early.i though for sure they'd be more active yesterday.but i'm sure someone found them somewhere.now is the time to be wary of those channels;)
sometimes they'll be thick in the shallows with the crappies.the white bass should be starting their run any day now,if not already.didn't see any yesterday,but surface temps up north were in mid 60's,so they will be on any time,as well as the crappies.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Wasn't even marking any fish.
Ok... it's not just me. On Sunday I posted here that I was unable to mark any fish Sunday afternoon. I was marking them earlier. I was getting bites and catching fish, but nothing was showing up on the fish finder. Actually they started biting more frequently and more aggressively when I lost their trail. I thought this a tad bit odd since hours before I was marking columns of staging fish. They seemed to start moving on Sunday. Hopefully they are moving into shallower water.

·
MOD SQUAD
13,657 Posts
don't always believe what you see on the ff.

but don't always believe what you DON'T se either;)

·
Super Moderator
3,925 Posts
Just make me a believer a week from today :)

don't always believe what you see on the ff.

but don't always believe what you DON'T se either;)

·
MOD SQUAD
13,657 Posts
if the forcast holds,you should have lots to believe in:D

·
Registered
75 Posts
whew! I thought I was gonna loose it and would forever change my name to "mr. skunked" but had about 10-12 yesterday and manage to keep a few. Even more surprising when I caught a small white bass on hj. Can't wait for the weather to get better soon!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts