Hoover 10/2

Discussion in 'Central Ohio Fishing Reports' started by Grumpy, Oct 2, 2007.

1. Grumpy

Grumpy Certified Old Geezer

Hit the lake at 8:30. Went to an area that I have not fished in several years. Got into white bass right away. After about 45min. things seemed to slow down a bit so I moved to another area. Fished a two hook crappie setup with minnows and jigged a vibe. Got into both crappie and whites right away. Crappie were hitting both the minnows and the vibe. The whites were slamming the vibe. Fish were holding between 12 and 17ft. for the most part. Lots of fish both fairly tight to the bottom and suspended.

The real fun came when I switched to a 5ft. ultralite rod and micro reel with 4lb test line. Catching whites on a rig like that is really fun.

2. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

:p :p i knew it.was out yesterday afternoon/evening with leupy and could hardly buy a bite.got hit by the storm and though i enjoyed the company,fighting the cold rain and 20-25 mph winds on his pontoon sure didn't help the fishing:(
    thought we would get into them ahead of the front,but weather moved in faster and rougher than forecast.

nice job on the fish.maybe i can find a partner to help me catch a bunch this week.

3. Grumpy

Grumpy Certified Old Geezer

The rest of the week, thru Sat., is looking good. Not sure what my schedule is yet with my grandson but maybe later in the week we can wet a line.

4. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

maybe i'll think about that:D

5. NewbreedFishing

NewbreedFishing High Speed Angling

hey grumpy....i know the saying goes 'age before beauty' but come on!!

the whitebass luv me