close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Hoover 10/12

Discussion in 'Central Ohio Fishing Reports' started by SwollenGoat, Oct 12, 2007.

1. SwollenGoat

SwollenGoat Scourge of Hoover

Wow, what a difference a few cool days make! Managed to get off a little early today and decided to go hit Hoover for a few hours. Launched out of redbank around 2:00 o'clock and marked surface temps of 66 degrees. (Last Friday was 74.5 degrees)

Headed across to the flats and immediately got into whitebass jigging a gold/firetiger vibee. Caught a few dozen and decided to move on to bigger/better things. Found some schooled up Crappie in 16 fow and caught a few real quick. Decided to drop anchor due to the wind, and managed to spook them away. :rolleyes: Lastly, I made a few passes on the flat with wally divers and shad raps to no avail. Still no 'eyes...:(

If the weather pattern holds, I figure the bite will pick up dramatically in the following days. Looks like a great weekend to get out and fish.

2. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

'bout time you learned how to catch fish:D ;)
    sounds like you put the hammer on them:cool:

3. SwollenGoat

Yeah, been in kinda' a draught situation on Hoover this year. Still can't say where all the 'eyes are, but with any luck I may find some soon.

4. hey Mr Goat,
    Rick will verify this location of the eyes in hoover.
    In the water some where.:p :p

Nice catch on the whites. Fire tiger is my fav. also.
    Any size to em ?

Capt. Hook

5. SwollenGoat

I had a few that pushed upwards of 15-16", but most were in the 10-13" range. They were really hitting aggressively - nearly jerk the rod out of your hand if you weren't careful. :D

6. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

i love it when they do that:D
    that's more fun than when they jerk a vibe into your hand:eek::D

7. Yea and Rick outta know. :D
    Capt Hook

8. NewbreedFishing

NewbreedFishing High Speed Angling

YO...I want some of that!!!
    Lets hook up this week Goat!!