close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Hooks?

Discussion in 'Catfish Discussion' started by bassattacker, Jun 12, 2007.

1. im more of a bass fisherman and normally target bass, i have targeted catfish more this year not only at the private club i belong too but at the rivers and was wondering whats some good hooks for catfishing using variety of baits, right now ive been using Eagle Claw Kahle Hooks 4/0 any suggestions will be greatly appreciated as well as any other tackle tips.

Brandon aka Bassattacker

2. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

that size should work fine .i assume you fish mainly for channels.
    another great hook i've found is mustad big gun catfish hooks.they're needle sharp and strong.i use 5/0 size for channels.
    for flathead fishing with big live baits i use 7/0 offset kayles.

3. thanks for the info, def will look for the mustad hooks, thanks again.

brandon aka bassattacker

4. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

gander sells the big gun hooks.

5. bigdogsteve-o

bigdogsteve-o The Catfishing God

You see the hooks me and Nate use Brandon. We are actually going to use bigger hooks next time out. I think that is why so many were missed by us over the last few weeks. We are going to kayle hooks. better for those big baits we use.

6. thats what im using now is the eagle claw lazer kahle hooks i just def need to find bigger ones and wally crazy world dont have them close to me so a trip to gander this weekend for sure for me. yeah those hooks u and nate use already were pretty good size but u all are also using bait thats huge LOL

7. bigdogsteve-o

That is the main reason we are going bigger. our hooks barely make it through our bait.:D

8. feetdown

feetdown They call me "BIG POPPA"

I dont use anything but Gamakatsu Octopus 5/0 - 9/0 depending on the critter Im after, and the bait size im using...I wouldnt be caught after dark without them.......

9. bigdogsteve-o

Where do you gt those hooks? I don't think I have ever seen them at Gander Mountain. If I have to go through Cabela's or Bass Pro I will just order some.

10. i was looking at those hooks online last week and was going to try them imma check dicks tonight to see if they have them, or have my brother in law pick me some up at bass pro since he lives so close to bps.

11. 01mercLS

01mercLS It's Fishing not catching

Gamakatsu hooks can be found in dicks, gander mountain, wal-mart, and other places.

12. FISHNASTY

FISHNASTY The Catfather

I only use Gamakatsu octupus hooks, 5/0 for channels and 7-8/0 for flatheads. Recently I've been using the blood red ones.