Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
MasterFisherman,LOLOLOL
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The day was like any other, nice breeze, sunny, the perfect day to spend some time with my 4 year old fishing on the bank of Pymatuning. He did his usual exploratory search of the area, while I started getting our lines in the water. When the lizard he found didn't hold his interest anymore he came over and wanted to practice his casting.
After ten or twelve casts with the "Lightning Mcqueen" pole, 8 of which found the only limb within casting distance, he decided to talk with me. He told me how he loved coming fishing with me and how he sure was glad he had his L.M. pole to fish with.
Then it happened, the bobber with the shiner under it started moving across the bay, rapidly. I told him I think you have a fish. I set the hook and he began to reel in, even remebering to hold his rodtip high. He struggled reeling my shimano spinning reel, glancing back a few times to tell me , "It's a whopper,Daddy".
after about 2 solid minutes of fighting the behemoth, my son reeled lifted the mighty bass out of the water. I unhooked it and asked him if he wanted to keep it, he decided we had enough perch to eat so he said l
"Let's let it go." I told him I wanted a picture of him with it. He lipped it like he'd seen me do and held it up for a quick pose, then back in the water.
What happened next told me he was hooked. He said to me " Dad , do you think there are anymore of them bass over by those lily pads, they fight really good."

·
Registered
80 Posts
great story. went fishing this past weekend with my buddy and his grandson 3 years old what a fun time asked million questions but he loved fishing with us and catching all the gills he could.

·
MasterFisherman,LOLOLOL
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
If you live around the Pymy area, give me a p.m. the kids will have someone to explore with and maybe we can even get a few in the basket. Thanks rto all those who have responded, greatest thing I've ever done in my life. Pray's at night, says please and thank you and can drive me crazy , but he's mine and I love him.
Peace

·
Registered
157 Posts
Congrats. People who have kids know exactally what you are talking about. That is what is all about at the end of the day. This is a fitting thread for my 100th post.

·
Woody in Akron
480 Posts
Great story Don V,
Congratulate your boy for me on catching a fine fish (release this one) and having a not so bad Dad too...(definitely hang onto what you've got)...(LOL)...great job!!! Yep, there are more over there by the lily pads.
Good fishing,
Woody in Akron
Portage Lakes/Coventry

1 - 10 of 10 Posts