Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
499 Posts
Ouch. That always sucks. I got barbed pretty good by a bull head this past weekend. First time in a long time. Stupid thing flopped out of my hand and landed in some weeds on the bank. So I figured I would just reach down and flip him in the water. Bad idea. I forgot how bad that hurts. Didn't mean to hijack ur thread. Where did you get hooked at in ur arm and how did you manage that?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I got barbed by a cat a week or so ago. And I pulled a crankbait through a tree to free it and it came back and set right into my bicep going into my shoulder muscle.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Ohub Campfire mobile app

·
Registered
499 Posts
Ah, yeah been there too. Thats one of those duck and cover situations when the hook breaks free when youre tugging on it. Glad youre OK though, stay safe out there.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ouch man. That looks like its in there deep. Luckily mine was just under the skin.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Ohub Campfire mobile app

·
Baller Member
923 Posts
check out youtube on how to remove a hook with the barb in the skin...worked well when i was on the river, and i was alone..i used a rock to stabilize the hook while i yanked it out

·
the Susan Lucci of OGF
15,868 Posts
Ezbite...show em how bad it could be :D
LOL, its funny thing NOW:D it could of been much, much worse. the second photo is right after I pushed the top barb thru, had to do the same for the bottom too. believe me OP, I feel your pain..

Attachments

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
LOL, its funny thing NOW:D it could of been much, much worse. the second photo is right after I pushed the top barb thru, had to do the same for the bottom too. believe me OP, I feel your pain..
I thought you felt no pain? :D:D:D

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
Tom,
After seeing your infliction, I bought me some Wire Cutters for my boat. I put them in my emergency kit, hoping never to use them.
Man oh Man, cant imagine.

Ron

·
the Susan Lucci of OGF
15,868 Posts
Tom,
After seeing your infliction, I bought me some Wire Cutters for my boat. I put them in my emergency kit, hoping never to use them.

Ron
im going out with peerless tomorrow and im taking mine with me and come on RedJada, did I look like I was in pain?

hey ohiobassin, howd you get it out?

·
1,915 Posts
Just think about the people that pay to have that done!Body Art? I'll pass:p Been hooked a few times.The one that really hurt was Rattle Trap traveling some where around the speed of light when it bounced off the back of my skull!%I didn't get hooked,just slammed!

·
Resident fishing idiot
959 Posts
Tom,

Ron
Thats exactly what i did myself. And today they came in handy..while installing zipties on my new onboard charger, i dident have to climb down and gontobthe tool box lol

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Ezbite, I saw your thread back when you did it, but never noticed the worm still dangling off of the harness!! Did you have to unhook it from the treble, or did your eye do the work for you?! Gave me a good 4am chuckle... Knowing that you turned out okay of course!!!

Luckily, in my 25 years of fishing, I've never been hooked to where the barb is still imbedded..... Yet! *knocks on wood*. But when we were like 3 or 4, my cousin went to cast out while I was right next to him, and got me in the back of the neck instead! Somehow the barb popped through on its own, (probably from me trying to run away screaming, with my cousin "fighting" his catch) and my dad was able to "unhook" me.... After he could get me to stay still for the 2 seconds it took! lol

·
Slayin' and filletin'
1,985 Posts
A few years back an OGFer got hooked deep in the throat by his girl while cat fishing. Called 911, there is a pic of him in a neck brace with the hook buried in there and a chicken liver necklace. Everything turned out OK I believe.

Glad to hear it wasn't too deep, watch that thing for infection, that's always my concern when I get hooked.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

1 - 20 of 27 Posts