close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

hook in knee

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by johnboy111711, Jun 14, 2007.

1. johnboy111711

johnboy111711 SOLID MEAT

got a treble in my knee fishing a tournament tonight. went to the ER so I could get a tetnus shot and ran into KSUflash and another friend of mine. It was like a party!!! long story short i had to take a couple shots to numb the area, had the dock send for maintance, got a pair of needle nose pliers and did what the the doc couldn't, yanked the hook on through and cut the tip off. the doc. just seemed a little worried about poppin' that baby through!

2. Fishing-Miller23

Fishing-Miller23 It's Miller Time!

Wow dude, that sucks, hope you're OK

3. ezbite

ezbite the Susan Lucci of OGF

good to hear you got it out. i had to cut the end off one of my gamakatsu EWG trebles a few weeks ago out on erie. my buddy had it stuck in his finger. luckly i switched to those hooks because it punched right on thru his finger. i told him that he owes me a buck for that hook.:D those babys ain't cheap.

just wondering why you felt the need for the tetnus shot?? isnt that just for rusty stuff?

4. I know a few years back I stepped on a nail that wasn't rusty and the doc still insisted I updated the tetanus shot. I would be more worried about getting an infection from the hook though. The water they travel in definitely isn't something I want puncturing my skin.

I hope you heal up quick, and only hook fish going forward :)

5. I had to show the doctor how to take out hooks in my hand from a rattletrap that I got buried when trying to unhook a pike.(hence my screen name) He wanted to make incisions so showed him on the first one how to get it out. Should have charged him for the lesson. Also had someone bury a spoon in my armpit on Erie, they wouldn't remove it and wanted to take me to the hospital but wasn't going to ruin a day of fishing for that. Took it out myself and got a tetanus shot later. I didn't push the hook through,I used some fishing line and pulled it back the way it went in.

6. ncraft150

ncraft150 Buckeye-Basser

I got this Lucky Craft stuck in my face earlier this year. One treble in the face and the other in the shirt. The doc in the E R said he sees this type of thing up to 3 times a week on average. My partner had to cut it off my face. The guys in my club still raz me about it.

[​IMG]

7. Hey Ncraft150, you should have just left that in there. You would have fit right in with some of the people I see nowadays with piercings.:D:D

8. KSUFLASH

KSUFLASH respect our rivers please

There is the evidence.....

[​IMG]

9. I told Kendra "Remember John the guy that we met at play it again sports the other day? He hooked his knee and had to go to the hospital"

Her reply.

"A taste of his own medicine. Fish cant go to the hospital "

10. Titanium Reel

Titanium Reel Banned

Sounds like a fun day. I bet that hurt. I have yet (knock on wood) to have a hook stick me bad enough to get the barb in me.

11. krustydawg

krustydawg KrustyDawg

Here is how not to troll a Reefrunner !:D

Attached Files:

12. I wouldn't let my buddy take a picture of mine last year. I was off Kellys in 5-7s with a buddy. He was bringing in a fish so I was steering and readying the net, he gets the fish to the boat, i lean over the side to net him, we hit a wave, he falls back in to the cutty, the fish shakes loose a deep diving taildancer and it launches straight in to my chin. One hook on the treble burries up to the bends on the other two hook right in to my chin, no where to push it through. That was the worst boat ride in ever, every since bump was agony. Off to Magruder, numerous shots of novecaine and adrenaline later they finally got it out. I hope that is my one for a LONG TIME!!!

13. johnboy111711

johnboy111711 SOLID MEAT

it sucked, but my knee is better. the tetnus shot sucks today my whole arm hurts and I feel sick...but owell. still made it back out fishing and caught some bass on the pop-r

14. Glad to hear you got it all taken care of. Way to go getting back out and fishing again the same night.

One question I had was, why was KSUFlash at the ER? He get hurt too.

Huntinbull

15. KSUFLASH

KSUFLASH respect our rivers please

KSUFlash wasn't hurt..... I was at the hospital because I was running on a call for the Fire Department that I work at, and we just happened to transport our patient to the same place Johnboy was.

I must say that JB is a player. He had all the nurses giggling around him. haha...

flash-----------------------------out

16. liquidsoap

liquidsoap Pay-it-foward fisherman

Ehhhhh sure glad I have never been hooked like that.
    I did have a small hook go passed the barb but I sucked it up and yanked it out.

17. ncraft150

ncraft150 Buckeye-Basser

I guess Johnboy needs to change his screen name to LADYSMAN.

18. johnboy111711

johnboy111711 SOLID MEAT

just remember, I'm a part time player and full time pimp!

19. Bubba bass bigfoot

Bubba bass bigfoot Lucky Fisher, or skilled?

my dad hook his thumb. had a camera did not take a pic, had a fish on also lol. but he said its not the painful. i dont think it is, never done it but came close. its more of a shocking pain when ya first do it. but he took his knife and cute his thumb to get it out. pretty cool lol. fun to watch.

20. Turns my stomach to look at these pics:eek: I was in the emergency room years ago with my ex, it was a Friday night and all kinds of people with various forms of hurt were coming in and out and it didnt really bother me much, then in comes a guy with like a #12 Rapala in his leg:eek: boy that really got me turning in my seat in a hurry.