close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Honda

Discussion in 'Boats and Motors' started by Lundy, Jul 9, 2007.

1. Lundy

Lundy Staff Member

Anyone have a suggestion on where I should take my Honda outboard for some work.

It's a 225 HP on a Lund 2025. It runs fine, no issues there.

It shifts EXTREMELY hard and has from the day I purchased it. I have researched the problem down to needing to replace the shift cables and control box to a better quality offered by Honda that Lund did not use when fitting their boats with a Honda.

Anyone know of any reliable Honda dealers anywhere in Central or NE Ohio?

2. Lewzer

Lewzer Powderfinger

There's a Honda dealer on Manchester Rd. in Akron near the new Portage Lakes State Park. My friend took his 4 stroke Honda there for a tune up. Had it back within a week too last summer.
    I'll get the name and number if you don't find anything closer to your home.

3. chaunc

chaunc Staff Member

How about posting that name and number on the board as i could use that info too.

4. sauguy

sauguy river & muskie angler, dayhiker

atwood lake boats handles them. had mine under warranty for some service in may, had it back in a week.

5. Lewzer

Lewzer Powderfinger

Boat Master State Park Marine
    5290 Manchester Rd
    Akron, OH
    330-882-4568

South of the new state park on the west side of the road

6. cw261

cw261 Member

Lundy-

I called Boat Master's to order some parts for my old Honda 10 hp kicker - they told me they didn't have the books to look up the numbers. Talking to other dealers, it seems they just didn't want to bother - all authorized Honda dealers have to carry the books. I had good luck with Blystone's Marine, but they are way up in Mentor on the Lake:

http://www.blystone.com/

Does it shift hard in both forward and reverse? If it's just forward or reverse, it may be a fairly simple adjustment of the shift cable at the motor.

7. Marine City in Port Clinton is a dealer.