close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

homewater

Discussion in 'Southwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by Tall cool one, Sep 12, 2008.

1. Tall cool one

Tall cool one strictly flyfishing

Hit the GMR for about an hour 9/11.First fish was a brutal 15" 'er that just tore all over making me think it was much bigger.Thank goodness it was that small cuz it went through a logjam and I had to pull it back upstream before I could land it.All the rest of the fish were between 10-14" w/ 10 fish for the night. Lost a nice saugeye to a light hookset right at dark...dang,there went dinner! Was snagging a lrg rock mid-current I knew fish sat behind and mistook the hit for another rock-set.
    All fish came from the heads of pools where the fast water is and the better slots gave up more'n one fish. Purple shad was first pick,traditionally good there but no hits. Switched to a smaller,darker darter imitation and hit a few on that but a 3" light pink crystal grub was the star of the evening,got most hookups on that.On and off rain whole time but I wore my rainjacket and stuck it out,definitely worth it! TC1

2. Sweet. Good report by the way.

3. SConner

SConner Fish Whisperer

Good report. I had to laugh at the light hook set as I have done this also.

4. Tall cool one

Tall cool one strictly flyfishing

Thanks guys,I try to give some useful info so's it's not just a bragging report.
    Had to laugh at mysef over that one too...doh!!! Happened last yr when I was getting alot of rock sets on a trip down the river and missed a huge smallie when it felt the hook and threw it on a catapault jump,TC1