close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

home repair

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Fish4Fun, Dec 6, 2004.

1. Fish4Fun

Fish4Fun Relaxing.

Well took on the project of redoing the living room last week so i have been busy. Got the whole room stripped of wallpaper have all holes patched need to go back threw and touch them up. Just painted the ceiling tonight and ya its 4:30am. Got to get R done. So can put up the tree.

Oh key note to self and others be very careful when using a very large drill and drywall mud stirer to stir up 5 gallons of white paint one slip of the triger and your cleaning up alot of paint off your kitchen floor. Trust me i know. LOL

2. DaleM

DaleM Original OGF Staff Member

Mr. Handymans tips, "what not to do" very nice Jerry! What's next :D

3. hahahaa sounds like another whole forum all to itself;)

4. CountryKat

CountryKat Fish On!!!

Oh key note to self and others be very careful when using a very large drill and drywall mud stirer to stir up 5 gallons of white paint one slip of the triger and your cleaning up alot of paint off your kitchen floor. Trust me i know. LOL[/QUOTE]

Been there, done that.
    :eek:

5. JBJ

JBJ

Ugh, I could contribute to that forum...

I guess I wasn't the only one putting off the honey-do list during the warm months so I could go fishing. Did you blame a couple of those days on me like I did you, Jerry?

6. crankus_maximus

crankus_maximus Crankus Baitus Maximus

I've got a few to add to that list, as well. Like, when paiting over gloss or semi-gloss - be sure to prime...or a steamy shower will wipe out a weekend's worth of work. Just freakin' wonderful.

7. never step on a carpet tack strip barefoot
    Don't try to teach yourself to finsih drywall under the influence

8. Fish4Fun

Fish4Fun Relaxing.

sure did JBJ and polesnatcher those tack strips will make you say alot of choice words but it was pretty funny to watch the wife step on it. LOL.

9. yea well there was this icredably hot girl taht I was meeting for the first time, we went down to the basement I was redoing, dumb@ss me was barefoot. She wasn't turned on by me bleeding and cussing everywhere

10. mrfishohio

mrfishohio Recovering Fishaholic

Too bad we already have a Tim the Toolman......... ;)

11. CountryKat

CountryKat Fish On!!!

C-Mon now. I know Da King must have had an oops sometime in his lifetime. :rolleyes: Lets hear it. :D

12. catking

catking Banned

DA KING !!! don't do " oops "............ :cool: ......... In my 30 years of carpentry/remoldeling/etc. etc. I have done some really bone head things. But that's the diffrence between a " Master " carpenter and just your everyday Johnny with a hammer. Ya gotta know how to fix your foul ups and make it look like it was meant to be....... ;) ..........OH YEA !!! ~**~

13. Lewzer

Lewzer Powderfinger

Never mix mortar or concrete in a 5 gal pail with your bare hand and arm!

Unless you like big scabs

14. Fish4Fun

Fish4Fun Relaxing.

i know what you mean catking i have learned over the years to fix a mistake like it was never there. lol

What mistake looks fine now don't it....

15. Fish4Fun

Fish4Fun Relaxing.

Well got it done the trees up and mess cleaned up. It looks 200% better, we have owned the house for about 3yrs and steady working on it, as time and money permit. The room did have 15yr old wallpaper some of which had fallen off or been pulled off by my little heathens. lol. Stripped it all and fixed holes painted it white. looks great. On to the next room after xmas. All this work this winter should get me plenty of fishing time this summer lol. Put some pics in albulm they aren't great used the web cam to take them but gives you the idea and the room is bright white.

16. I Do Whatever I Have To Too Go Fishin! Right Or Wrong! :d

17. Chuck P.

Chuck P. Here We Go Steelers

I'm thinking of gutting my front room, adding insulation and hanging new drywall.

The existing walls are plaster and I HATE PLASTER.

Anyone know of any tips to keep the dust down or should I just open the windows and let it rip?

Seems like a good idea anyway. :rolleyes: