close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Home made floater, help!!

Discussion in 'Northwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by Gudos, Mar 21, 2005.

1. Gudos

Gudos Fisher of Man

What material, paints, etc, do I need that will make a good floater yet stick to the hook, how can I achieve this, any links and ideas appreciated. Also on this note, I spend half of my time putting on a new floater/sinker, after those crazy snags, I would like to automate this process, at least spend less time doing this. I am thinking of coming to the river with a bunch of prefabricated or ready to go floater/sinker combos.......I am sure this is all legal right, as long as the hooks are the legal ones......

2. getonit

getonit I own a Bobber ???

I made some up using the expanding spray foam in a can (Wal Mart,ect)- used a piece of wood and drilled a series of 1/2 holes (just the tip of the bit)- sprayed the wood with cooking spray for release-just lay the hook over the hole and touch a SMALL amount of the foam to it and the hole- (remember- this stuff expands! :eek: ) I left mine the pale yellow/ greenish that the foam is but cabelas has an easy powder dip for your colors. :D -Getonit-

3. any chance you can post a picture of your wood mold? I've been trying the same but no luck yet

4. getonit

getonit I own a Bobber ???

I don't have a picture of it- but I remember the first problem I had was getting the foam off of the mold- the first time I had the unsanded holes a little past the cutting tip of the drill- it made a flat on the circumference that was rough and made it almost impossible to remove the foam - worked alot better when I sanded the holes very smooth without the edges and used a release spray-I ought to try and make a double side (like a regular jig mold for lead) for uniform consistancy and size- had quite a few sizes due to not getting the same "drop" of foam onto the hook...but it was still much less expensive than buying them....- getonit -