Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I dont know if this belongs here or in the sports forum I posted it here because I dont consider it a sport.

I was wondering if anyone in here plays HOLD EM and if so are there any members from the Cleveland area that play. I play with a group now thats a good group of guys but i'd like to be talking about walleye and deer while playing instead of talking about Tupac and 50 cent. If you got a game going in the Cleveland area and an extra spot...PM me. If not lets try to get one going!

·
Bit by Musky bug
8,465 Posts
Fishon, Viper 205 and Myselft play with a a bunch of other fisherman the guys house we got to has a sweet pad layed out with nice holdem tables, golden tee, pool tables, a sick, bar, foosball it's pretty. we played every weekend over the winter, I am going to have a game at my house soon too, he can bring over a portable table to put on my kitchen table, when I get a game going Ill shoot you PM.

·
Bit by Musky bug
8,465 Posts
Not really he has ping pong and golden tee, if I get booted out of a round I just sit at the bar and drink beer or ping pong it, it's awesome everyone brings food so everyone can chow and drink I've played for 14 hours before and went home when the sun came up, good times over there this winter and I won alot I'm not to bad.

·
Registered
2,483 Posts
Definalty good times over there.....

I only won a few times in the past 3 years but it beats going to some bar any day!... all we talk about is fishin and Poker and food...

Frank

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sounds like a good time...and it is for me also better than going to some bar. We play 1 -2 times a week and its a good time but would like to play a game or two outside of my current circle to see the difference in play. Thanks for the info and if PM me if you have an open spot.

·
Bit by Musky bug
8,465 Posts
I'll let you guys know for sure. Wilson if I get one going at my house I'm right off 82 in Royalton nice and close for you, Frank lives across the street from me. LOL.

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Sounds good...I may throw a game together too. Kepp me posted on it and i'll be sure to let you know if I get one together.

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
Do you guys play tournaments or cash games?

Games around here (Youngstown) have really died down over the past year.
I actually won 6 tournaments in the area when the game really got big locally...4 at the Aristocrat and 2 in Salem. I was featured in an article in the Tribune Chronicle about the "Poker Boom" in the area. :D I wasn't really thrilled with the way it was written...but what can you do! I got to be a celebrity for a day anyway!

Cash games are alot more popular now, which I am not a huge fan of...so I don't play as much as I used to. Only problem with winning that much money was that it consumes you! I would play for 12-15 hours a day...sometimes right until I had to go to work! To be honest, I don't know how I kept my job. No time for fishing, or anything else for that matter! And at the ripe old age of 22..i'm officially too old for that! I wouldn't mind finding a nice weekly game though, just to relax.

·
Lumberjack
1,526 Posts
if you have an opening i would like to try it out.
Since I suck at poker and would be out shortly after the game began, I will get on the foos table with ya...can hold my own against most players!

·
Bit by Musky bug
8,465 Posts
We play with either 20 or 50 dollar buyins, tourney style. I'm used to playing this way so when a game happens at my house that's the way we will play, plus we play down 2-3 places if we have over 10 guys. after 3 rounds you should win something if your decent.

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
We play with either 20 or 50 dollar buyins, tourney style. I'm used to playing this way so when a game happens at my house that's the way we will play, plus we play down 2-3 places if we have over 10 guys. after 3 rounds you should win something if your decent.
We play with a $10 dollar buy in. I tried to talk everyone into upping the buy
in to $20 but nobody was having it.

·
You scratched my anchor!
467 Posts
If anyone has a game (or wants to start one) near the Kent area, holla at me!

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I honestly thought we'd get a better response on this.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts