close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Hoga Steelies

Discussion in 'Northeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by Froggy, Sep 15, 2004.

1. Went down to the concrete thingie with the kids yesterday. We didn't catch any or even hook into any for that matter and I didn't see anyone taking any (how many times can YOU say "any" in a sentence? :)). We did get a bag full of old fishing line though :( :(....people are slobs.

2. johnboy111711

johnboy111711 SOLID MEAT

The shad running yet? Can't wait to hear about the up coming shad wars!

3. JB...look for the shad mid to late October....and stop IM'ing my GF...and yes, she's HOT

4. johnboy111711

johnboy111711 SOLID MEAT

she's as nuts as you. I still think it had to have been you. kept mentioning F5

5. hardwaterfan

hardwaterfan Twinsburg, OH (NE OH, northern edge of Summit Co.)

frog, see any jumpers try to make it over? how many guys were down there, the water was still a bit high according to the usgs site. See you (and everyone else :) ) down there sometime, ive always got my blue backpack on or with me. Im still trying to catch my first non-boat bank-caught steelhead. :rolleyes: THIS WILL be the year.

6. Hey HWF, No jumpers or rollers...watched the dam for around an houur while the kids fished. In the past when I've been fishing there, even if you aren't looking for them, you can hear them trying to make the dam. There were a couple other guys there, but they were catters or carpers (tight lining)

I'll send you a PM when they come in...

7. KSUFLASH

KSUFLASH respect our rivers please

I think it is gonna be late october before the steelies get that far into the river. But I have been wrong before...

flash--------------------------out

8. I'v etaken them on spinners during the first 2 weeks of Sept. in years passed. With as cool as this summer has been, I'm kinda surprised they aren't in yet. I'll keep you guys posted...after this rain tonight, I'd bet Saturday will be good.

9. KSUFLASH

KSUFLASH respect our rivers please

is that tire and basketball still stuck in the wash out there at the concrete thingy??? Those suckers have been there since I started going....Bet the tred is well worn off that tire.

flash----------------------------out

10. Hey Ben, There's always stuff in the hydrolic...one year there was a deer bobbing around in it for a couple of weeks :eek: Things are pretty clean down there...the tire on the gravel bar is even gone...musta had a gulley washer down there :) :)

11. Is the carp fishing pretty good there? I had to ask LOL

12. hardwaterfan

hardwaterfan Twinsburg, OH (NE OH, northern edge of Summit Co.)

Last fall I saw a guy battle a massive carp for about 20 minutes on a peice of orange plastic worm. (talked to him at the lot afterwards) The fish looked like a log from across the river. (Thats all I know about it though.)

13. ...any info is better then none at all...
    THANKS!!