close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Hoga Report

Discussion in 'Northeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by Bdrape, Jul 13, 2004.

1. OK guys, I had and extra 90 minutes this morning between errands and I stopped by the river. Started with a 1/8 once spinner and couln't get a sniff. Switched to a tiny fat shad and it was on. Probably twenty plus fish in the next 45-50 minutes. Mostly smallies, but did catch three fat rockbass. Fish were all sixes: 6" up to about 14", but all were eager to show their ability in the air. Water is really clear right now so be careful not to wade too close to the holes. As always all fish released with care.

I know you all would love to know where I was, but let's just say this: the fish were in deeper pools along the bank and adjacent to current. I plan to take my eight year old son to the spot next week for some fun on the river.

P.S. The hoga could really use a clean-up. The high water in the spring really left the banks full of crap.. I even hadthe misfortune of seing a couple of condoms floating near the bank. Well, at least they were careful!!

Cheers,

Brett

2. KSUFLASH

KSUFLASH respect our rivers please

i plan on hitting it tonight. Your correct when saying the river is very clear right now. Nothing like a few smallies to end the day.

flash------------------------------------------------out