close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Hoga Report...a bit late, but better late than never.

Discussion in 'Northeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by KSUFLASH, Jun 1, 2007.

1. KSUFLASH

KSUFLASH respect our rivers please

I hit the hoga on Wed. evening. Water was about 4ft. low, gin clear, and slowly moving.

If you ever wanted to learn a river now is a time to go hit it. You can see all the shore structure due to there is no water there.

I threw the good ole Leeabu Spinners and Leeabu Buzzbaits. I only had about an hour of fishing, so I was moving really fast through the spots I usually hit.

Water was so clear that I could see the fish sitting in the current in the middle of the river beds.

Seen lots and lots of carp as well.

Got 1 pike to blow up on a buzz bait. Of coarse I missed him.

No fish to report on, other than the river is low,gin clear, and good to go out and learn it.

Time for me to go to my deep river spots and hammer the pike.

flash-----------------------------------------------out

2. NewbreedFishing

NewbreedFishing High Speed Angling

Yo Ben!
    Easy on those waterwolves bro.:D
    I will be up there in a few weeks (STOW) I didnt get enough in Michigan ...still hungry! Would you be able to take me out?

3. I fished the area of the river from Munroe "falls" down to the old gravel pit on the right (if you face downstream) then fished the gravel pit for panfish for a while this morning. Carp were everywhere in the shallows, wallowing and getting "Anxious" if you know what I mean (wink, wink). Panfish were non existent along that stretch of river. Couldn't even pull any off the log jams and brush piles. Only a few in the Pit. Hot and Bright is my only excuse errr i mean rationale. I can remember catching bluegill and chubs by the dozen west of the bridge at Munroe falls, Not a one this time. TONS of new sandbars and eddies since the "falls" were "customized". Much shallower along this stretch than two years ago.

Hope the sarcasm doesn't stain.

Huntinbull

4. KSUFLASH

I am always up for some river fishing. If the pike aren't biting, I tie on a tiny rebel crawfish and smash the smallies.

From Monroe Falls former dam, down to waterworks park hasn't treated me that great so far this year. Upstream of monroe falls, as well as down in the valley has been better for me.

I am going to try and take the boat out and launch at waterworks and fish downstream to the first dam in Cuyahoga Falls. Should be plenty of fish and not any fishing pressure on those fish in that stretch due to you have to have a boat to fish the majority of that water.

flash-----------------------------------------------out

5. KSU how big of a boat is feasible at waterworks? Sold my rowboat/elec troller but have a 16 ft with a 9.9 and bow moutn troller. Think the river is navigable there for a boat that size? Haven't been to Waterworks for two years or more, so no post Dam "renewal" experience there.

Huntinbull

6. KSUFLASH

During normal flow of the river I would say that is fine. I went out with another member before that had what sounds to be a similar setup to yours. Right now the flow is to low I think for that size. A small jon boat 12' or so would still work right now I think.

Biggest problem would be getting the boat in the water. During low flow times like right now, that Waterworks launch ramp you have to back your vehicle in quite a ways to launch the boat.

Perfect scenario is have 2 fisherman, with 2 Kayaks, and 2 trucks. Park 1 truck where you want to portage out, and take the other truck with the 2 yaks and put in.

fish for the day and then you don't have to paddle upstream to get back to where you launched.

flash--------------------------------------------------out

7. During normal flows, would you be able to paddle upstream in that area?

I have a canoe/kayak hybrid type and I was thinking about hitting that area, but wasn't sure if I'd be able to get back upstream.

JB

8. I was at waterworks a few days ago and walked up to where the ramp is. the water is only about 2-4 feet there so I don't think it's boatable.

9. KSUFLASH

I watch people use canoes in the waterworks section. They paddle both up and downstream.

flash--------------------------------out