Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I could tell ya but......... No jk. Near mantua in portage county

Sent from my SGH-T769 using Ohub Campfire mobile app

·
Registered
717 Posts
Congratulations. There is a canoe livery on the Cuyahoga and someday I would like to go on a float trip in search of pike from new waters.

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Congrats!!! Gotta watch with the gloves and leaves/grass though as it's good at removing the slime from the fish, but no biggie. I still remember my very first pike like it was yesterday, one of my most memorable catches. I've canoed that stretch before but didn't fish. Definitely looks like good pike water..

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
Congrats!!! Gotta watch with the gloves and leaves/grass though as it's good at removing the slime from the fish, but no biggie. I still remember my very first pike like it was yesterday, one of my most memorable catches. I've canoed that stretch before but didn't fish. Definitely looks like good pike water..
Have to watch with the hooks as they can.......oh forget it:D

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Ohub Campfire mobile app

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ill remember about the gloves but what about the hook??

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Have to watch with the hooks as they can.......oh forget it:D

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Ohub Campfire mobile app
lol well I guess we're just better off not fishing at all haha. I figure it's already bad enough we're sticking a piece of metal into the fish, so we might as well try to handle it carefully so we(and other fishermen) can have the opportunity to do it again!lol That fish is just fine and probably swam off with power, but we all see those pics of badly bleeding fish just completely covered with dirt, rocks, leaves, etc. and then they're released. Don't be one of those guys!

Hope you get many more pike in the future, they're such a blast.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
O ya it swam off with a ton of power.the blood on his snout was actually from him thrashing around when i was bringing him in.i used a cheap wal mart lure with one hook that fell out when i landed him.he was a feisty one! He was fine.did u reach down and grab your first pike?ok then.thanx for the backup nick

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Congrats on your SWEET catch!

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Definitely feisty fish. Luckily I had a net with me when I got my first one, so that helped to keep it in the water though I still somehow got cut with it's teeth though! I've gotten a lot since then so I don't get cut often but I always keep band-aids with me just in case!

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
You have all those tattoos what's up with the glove?!? Lol j/ k. Nice job! Should have read all the posts before I posted that I guess! I caught a gar in Kentucky once and had one of his tiny little teeth lodged in my thumb!

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
My friend picked it up when i was getting my phone.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Haha thats ok.now that i got a pike in just one fish away from a kickass summer

1 - 19 of 19 Posts