Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Spillway Angler
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is there any large pike in the stretch from waterworks to downtown c.falls?
ive caught quite a few but theyr all under 16''. any one catchin any decent sized ones?

·
Akron
2,442 Posts
I have caught several 36 inchers in that area and seen much bigger.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
never fished their heard good things about it.

join my pike and muskie group

community+social groups+Muskie and Pike

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
I've never fished the Hoga, but on the Tuscarwas we rarely see the big pike after april until september. From September to December and then March are the hot months. We will get some small ones on cranks or tubes while smallie fishing in the summer. Not sure if thats the same on the hoga or not. They really like the cooler water temps.

·
Ohio Bassman
499 Posts
My mom lives in that stretch, and I fish there occasionally. I've seen what I'd say are 15lb. fish sitting on the bottom. Also heard of a 17lb. catch right there a year or so ago on a jerkbait. Getting them to bite can be tricky! I'd suggest live bait or big topwaters if you're gunna try now. I have much better luck in the spring and fall. My biggest was about 30" on a Jitterbug.

·
You scratched my anchor!
467 Posts
The # of big pike caught by me and my friends has definately decreased for us over the last couple years. That's just our experience though. Maybe we aren't as good as we used to be.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Went pike fishing on the hoga in kent this afternoon. 1 small pike up at the dam, maybe 20 inches. I have never taken anything bigger than 25 inches from that area but some of the old timers tell me there are 30+ inchers lurking in the small pool right below the dam.

It was a nice sign tho to accidently hook into 4 smallies further down stream. One nice one, bout 18 inches. From what I am told thats good sized for that portion of the river.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts