close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

hoga pike 7-4 & 7-9

Discussion in 'Northeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by zachtrouter, Jul 10, 2007.

1. zachtrouter

zachtrouter FISHAHOLIC

I have been hitting the river at least once a week for the past month on the lookout for pike. I have been out twice however in the past week. On July 4 a.m. I went out and 2 of us caught 3 pike with the biggest being about 36". Yesterday I went out again and caught 2 pike with the biggest being a 37" bruiser. My pops also caught one that went about 32". I just moved and have yet to get my computer up so I will post the pics when I have a home computer and dont have to get on it at work. The river has been really producing some nice pike the last month. The numbers are up and so are the sizes. This stretch of the river is on fire right now and with the temps how they are it will only stay this way!

2. What stretch of the river and whatcha using?

3. NewbreedFishing

NewbreedFishing High Speed Angling

it's great to know the pike are thriving and not suffering from the low flows this year. hope those breeders did there job this spring and there are many smaller class sizes to move on up...

what seems to be the primary forage for pike in the hoga?? chubs/suckers

4. Actually, I'm going to try the 'Hoga from Oxbow upstream to the clay bank tonight or tomorrow morning, and throw some spinner baits at 'em. I'll post a report if successful.

5. I was at Fred Fuller yesterday, couldn't get any but saw one that had to be about 3 feet up in about a foot of water. Tossed a few at it but must have seen me when I cast cause I scared him off. Would of been a nice size first pike.

6. Zach,nice job.My good friend from Home Savings Bank has been tearing up the pike north of standing rock.