Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
went to the chuckery then down road then finally to ira trailhead and stopped at the lock and landed about 10 smallies then headed to river and was there about 15 min and boom! dog jumps in some lady thought it would be a great idea to let her dog jump in next to me and then proceed to ask me do i mind if her dog swam for a bit..........uh yea i do..so i called it a day 8 hours on the river and all i catch is like 10-6-8in smallies.

·
Registered
6 Posts
We got skunked south of Russel Park on Saturday morning, it was eerily quiet on the river with not even any small fish jumping around.

I was out there 2 weeks earlier and pulled in a 20" LM and 22" Pike.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yea i understand about the 10 smallies but you always get them there its a given but i heard that those 2 spots in river had big bass and pike didnt try kent yet wana but not yet wait till colder temps come along ha i lost a rooster went into a hold in a rock across the river no bigger than the lure anyone have any secrets to pike and where if they dont mind i heard orange grubs and rapalas

·
Registered
80 Posts
yea i understand about the 10 smallies but you always get them there its a given but i heard that those 2 spots in river had big bass and pike didnt try kent yet wana but not yet wait till colder temps come along ha i lost a rooster went into a hold in a rock across the river no bigger than the lure anyone have any secrets to pike and where if they dont mind i heard orange grubs and rapalas
I don't specifically target Pike while on the Hoga, but usually catch at least one every time I go out while fishing for smallies, I've caught them on wee craws, floating rappala's, spinner baits, and various other crankbaits. They allways seem to be in slower water around some kind of wood, hope this helps.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
indeed it did i guess if i am supposed to catch a pike i will just have to wait and see maybe get one when its cooler the fall change is throwin all my usual spots in a mess 2 weeks and they will be crazy fish every time

1 - 7 of 7 Posts