Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My friend and I are heading down to the Hocking this weekend. I have done a little research but as we were discussin it last night a couple questions came up that we couldn't answer so i was hoping someone on here could answer them.
1. Were is a good place to park and get in. We heard about Whites Mill but were unsure if there was a parking lot that could be used.

2. Is anyone's permission needed to fish there? Might sound like a stupid question but we figure it's best to check since we were not sure.

·
Registered
667 Posts
Parking is not usually an issue. You do not need permission to fish the mill if you're not on the side of White's Mill. Most people wade over to the little island and fish into the pool below the falls. There is not a lot of public access points for the river but, there are a few spots to check out if you look around.

·
Just a blind man trying to catch a fish!!!!!!
1,978 Posts
If Your wanting to go for Eyes, then the Mill is a good place to start, But Youll need to go Downstream a lil to try for Bass, You can catch a few at the Mill but not many. And as for parking it will be tough to get a spot this weekend with the Athens Co Fair going on. If You get on St Rt 682 past the Mill or before it , depend on whhat way Your coming from , theres a couple access roads you should have no trouble parking at.

·
She says I'm on one
908 Posts
how is cabrewing on the river? I know some places are stricter than others so usually when someone in normal clothes trys to flag me down I just keep going..my friend stopped once and it was an officer ticketing people

1 - 11 of 11 Posts