close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Hocking River Report

Discussion in 'Southeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by thedon255, Jul 21, 2008.

1. thedon255

thedon255 Float Tubing Fanatic

Sort of last minute here, but what is the Hocking River like right now, especially between Stewart and Coolville? Hopefully going to get the float tube out tomorrow morning. Also, what's biting and any advice on lures to use/places to target?

2. just had a big storm go thru about 9:00, but it looked good yesterday. Don't really think you are far enough north on the river for much smallie action though. I'd try more for the largemouths. I mainly target cats, so cant help ya out with the baits.

3. thedon255

thedon255 Float Tubing Fanatic

Yeah, I've been watching the radar this evening. Didn't look like it rained too much. Hopefully just enough to turn the fish on and not too much that it'll fill the river with debris to take out my float tube.

4. where would the bast smallmouth fishing be? i recently fished around logan out of a canoe from a rental place and didmt do great so where is the best for smallies

5. you drifted one of the better areas for smallies, the other good areas i think are nellsonville and the plains.

6. The hocking in that area is very good. If your using artificial baits,small buzz baits in white or black,or jig and a grubb are good for smallies.

7. striperfreak

striperfreak stripes and smallies

stewart to coolville is catfish haven