Hocking River Bass Limit

Discussion in 'Southeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by traphunter, Apr 10, 2008.

1. traphunter

traphunter Guest

Does the Hocking fall into the statewide limit of 5 bass, or does it have its own specific regulations?? I know its kind of spotty if I remember right.

I don't keep bass myself, but I know some people who have been catching a lot of smallies and keeping them, and I will call TIP first chance I get.

2. Fishman

Fishman Catch bait???

When I use to live in Nelsonville a few years back, I remember seeing signs that thung from the bridge with a DNR placard that said something to the effect of only 1 16"+ smallmouth per day. Check the bridge down by Rocky boots, facing upstrem there should be a sign hanging there with the information your asking about :)

3. fishslime

fishslime Catch it, then eat it :)

Most of the river falls under the 5 bass bag limit
    Smallmouth Bass Big Darby Creek from St. Rt. 762 to U.S. 40; Little Beaver Creek from OH-PA border to St. Rt. 7; Sandusky River from Ballville Dam to Twp. Rd. 143 in Seneca Co.; Hocking River from St. Rt. 278 to St. Rt. 93; Stillwater River from Frederick-Garland Rd. to St. Rt. 718
    1 fish 15 inches min limit

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 30, 2015
  4. I been hearing the same thing as well, I been hearing smallies on stringers for last last couple of days on the Hocking river.

5. Fishman

Fishman Catch bait???

Thought so! Long time no see Shawn, this is basically from the horses mouth guys. Fishslime works down at the head quarters in Athens.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 30, 2015
  6. traphunter

traphunter Guest

Alright thanks for the help fellas;)

7. That's a shame about the smallmouths. I've seen some great photos of smallmouths that came from the Hocking River.

I'm actually surprised their catching them so well right now. The last report I received on the River was it was running extremely high.

8. traphunter

traphunter Guest

Yes it is a shame. I went back down there and witnessed the same thing again. However, they were within their legal limit of 5 so nothing i could do.:(