Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Just a blind man trying to catch a fish!!!!!!
1,978 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hit the Hocking tonight to do some more wading, Ended up being a good nite.
Caught 17 Fish. 10 Smallies, 5 Eyes, a Drum and a Crappie. Water was pretty warm and clear . Most of the fish are coming from the faster moving water and at the edges of the deep holes. I will be back at it Sunda Eve.

·
Registered
28 Posts
So you must be the one in the red truck. I saw a red truck with a OGF sticker on it. I live about 1/2 mile from the Mill. We'll have to get together and fish it some time.

·
1,978 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes, That My Ranger. And My Biggest Fish Ive caught wading this year is a 17 lb Flat Head, My biggest Bass is a 4lb Smallie.

·
Registered
667 Posts
My girlfriend and I waded down there last night from the Stimson bridge down to Walmart. Fishing was decent. We managed 1 skipjack, 2 drum, 2 channel cats, 1 white bass, and 1 smallie. An interesting mixed bag especially with the skippie thrown in there! No eyes though. I did lose several fish and a couple of the lost fish were larger fish. Definitely fun though!

·
1,978 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
MasterCat, Did You guys have a white Bucket or Something? I think I saw You. And Justin Yes I catch Cats on that Crank bait all the time, And havenmt seen the river today, When did it Rain??

·
Registered
667 Posts
Yeah Riverwader, that was us. I caught minnows for the girlfriend to catch some fish without losing my lures! I actually ended up using minnows toward the end myself. We went out again yesterday afternoon 8/6. I managed 2 drum and a smallie and my girlfriend managed a drum and a channel cat. Tough bite in the middle of the day! Saw 6 guys all together up by the mill wading. BTW, river conditions are fine as of this posting: Low slow and clear, lowest the river has been in 4 months!

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
I fished the mill last nite for flatties and never got a hit fished from about 7 to 1 am not a good nite but last sunday night I hooked a good one and lost it and hooked another big one and it broke my line 30# test but I couldve had a nick or something in it but it was a good fish fishing with bluegills

·
1,978 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I'll be headed down about 3, Ive gotta greasew up my reel , its starting to get a lil rough to reel

·
Registered
667 Posts
Well, I am planning on heading out too! This is good, we can all compare how we did today. I am taking the neighbor boy down with me this afternoon. We're gonna seine some minnows and start wading from Stimson on down. Maybe, we'll have bumped into each other by the time we all get home. Good luck guys!

·
1,978 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Well I just got home managed to land on 9. 7 Smallies and 2 Eyes. Water was a lil more Muky than it has been. Losy a few fish and seen a Bunch of Fish busting minnows, So hopefully the minnows worked for You

·
430 Posts
Nice job man. U must of caught em all before me and my cousin got in there. We got there and started at 6 we parked and started at the end of the access road u parked on, I got skunked with a couple missed opportunitys my cousin caught a drum right in front of where u were parked on the ssr5 which gave os high hopes getn one right from the beginning of the trip. Haha but that's how yesterday afternoon went with the 2 smallies I caught then was skunked the rest of the trip yesterday lol similar to this evening for us again. we hoped out inbetween stimson and the bridge for the golfcourse then had to walk back to the truck . U catch them all on your ssr5? And any size to any of yours?

From my Evo :D

From my Evo :D

·
1,978 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Yes caught them all on the SSR5, Biggest was about 17 inches, which was caught in the pool before the golf course bridge

1 - 20 of 32 Posts