close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Hocking Hills Holiday Fun

Discussion in 'Southeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by Fish-N-Fool, Sep 7, 2004.

1. Spent the entire weekend with a great group of freinds @ Wyandot Woods for our annual labor day party/fishing trip. The cabins are like new and top notch.

I had a pole in the water the entire time and the results are:

Caught several lm bass each day - largest 13''. The first night I caught 2 channel cats 3 lbs each and lost a pole :eek:

The next morning when I awoke, I had something on the line. I fought for over 20 minutes before landing a good sized snapping turtle. As luck would have it, my missing pole was still hooked to this big ugly turtle. I had already planned on dragging the pond with a treble, so that saved me some time on the recovery :D .

The second night I landed 2 more channels in the 3 lb range and 2 more snappers. I kept the snappers to see what the owners wanted me to do with them - they had me throw them back in :confused: . It seemed to me the pond could stand to have a few removed, but oh well!

We'll be booking next year's trip soon. I really liked the setup of Wyandot Woods and they welcomed my dog! :D

2. try lake logan state park. Lots of giant cats and some good largemouth action. ..glad ya had a great time.