Hocking-help a central ohioan

Discussion in 'Southeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by Capital outdoorsman, Jul 23, 2008.

1. Capital outdoorsman

Capital outdoorsman day late, dollar short

I'll be in WV for a golf tourney this weekend. I plan on fishing my way back on Sunday. Translation: I'll stop a place or two and bank fish for a couple hours. Would anybody be willing to give me some info? I am not very familiar with the Hocking river at all as I rarely am in the area. I'd be interested in the smallies/sauger/crappie.... well whatever would bite. If you don't want to put it on the board you could PM me. Appreciate any help.

2. RiverWader

RiverWader Cottontail Mafia

If those are the fish you are after then , Whites Mill in Athens is where you need to stop.take St Rt 33 to St Rt 50/32, Off of 50/32 takeSt Rt 682. Go straight through red light , At 2nd light turn right, Go about 100-200 yards there parking at old red school , and down about another 100 yards big field on right to park also.

3. striperfreak

striperfreak stripes and smallies

ditto, stop at the mill, fish the hard current.

4. Capital outdoorsman

Capital outdoorsman day late, dollar short

Are the fishies particular to any certain baits there at this time of the year?

5. RiverWader

RiverWader Cottontail Mafia

Im headed there in the morning , Ill post results later on tomr after noon

6. Is the river from Clear Creek down to somewhere in Logan suitable for a float tube or would this be a bunch of walking? Is there a better section with a decent current but not riffles and hopefully still smallies?

Thanks,

Colin