hocking 8/13-8/24

Discussion in 'Southeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by rand, Aug 24, 2008.

1. rand

rand

a couple...

Attached Files:

2. RiverWader

RiverWader Cottontail Mafia

Nice Fish, were you fishing upstream from the Stimson Ave Bridge?

3. Flyfish Dog

Flyfish Dog Banned

Nice fishing! Will be there in Nelsonville area for labor weekend fishing.

4. rand

rand

all of those fish were right under the bridge. the only one i kept was the saug. the smallie and the crappie are swimming around under that bridge again.

5. Very nice and congrats on the nice catches. That hole is pretty nice, caught a few fish while I was at OU. I also lost a few big fish there, wonder if it was that smallie, minus a few inces:)
    Did you measure the smallie? That is definately a brute.

6. Mushijobah

Mushijobah Urban Angler

7. nice eye,I'd kept it as well.

8. rand

rand

thanks. i didn't get to measure it, but maybe later this fall i'll get the chance to pull him out again. he was really long, but could've been fatter...
    i caught this flathead (first one i have ever caught, because i really just fish for smallies) the next day on the same spinner bait.

Attached Files:

9. Flyfish Dog

Flyfish Dog Banned

Cool! Thats a nice catch!

10. striperfreak

striperfreak stripes and smallies

oh man!!!! i miss that river. Nice job. i used to fish that stretch, u never knew what you were going to catch. Again nice fish

11. musikman43155

musikman43155 TEAM PUNK

I bet you thought you had one hell of a smallie when you hooked that shovelhead.

12. rand

rand

no doubt, man. i thought i had the fish of a lifetime. turned out to be a "small" one...haha

13. this river holds a lot more fish than what i had originally expected. last spring quarter i caught a gar throwing a shallow running yozuri minnow. i think i'm heading up to whites mill today...is there anywhere to park near the stimson bridge if i drive over? i generally don't take that exit from 33 to get into athens.

14. nice fish rand! I had no idea the hocking had fish of that caliber....Spent most of my time @ OU fishing out at Strouds- looks like I screwed up