close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

hobie portable ponton boat

Discussion in 'OGF Marketplace' started by willy, May 24, 2007.

1. willy

willy no boat

0   0   0

Posting this for my father, its located in the Norwalk Ohio area.
    here's the scoop (or the details he can remember).
    Its about 4-5 years old (guessing) was bought new at cabellas for $750 plus tax on closeout and was the top of the line pontoon boat at the time, I think it was around $950 normally at the time.
    -Holds 350-375 pounds (he was a pretty big guy)
    -It has solid (abs, plastic or something) pontoons, the reason I'm pointing this out is because thats the reason he bought it. Norwalk resevoir and alot of the others will not allow you to get a permit on any inflatable craft including belly boats or inflatable pontoons and he bought it to use for fly fishing at the res.
    -the pontoons both have caps/hatches for access to the inside, I dont remember for sure if the access holes are big enough so you can use them for storage like a yak access hatch (now that I think about it, when I was checking out yaks I think they sell kits to add hatches so that might be an option if they are not big enough and you wanted them for storage).
    -aluminum frame (and if I recall correctly it is a quick takedown type so you can put it in your car or trunk.
    -One seater (and if I recall correctly its the type where you ride out of the water)
    -outriggers for oar and the oars
    -electric motor mount (he said he may have a motor too but not sure)
    -luggage rack on the back for lots of gear/trolling battery etc.
    -its forest green with black frame and black seat with seatback
    -I would say its probably about 41/2 to 5 foot long
    -he said he only used it 2 or 3 times and I can vouch for that, not long after he bought he started having health problems and I know its been stored inside in the barn the whole time he has had it so its probably dusty but still like new.
    -looks pretty much like this but im not sure of the model
    http://www.hobiecat.com.au/images/fishing/float/hobie_floatcat75.gif
    -he's asking $400 and I think he's pretty firm on that but you can PM me and I will send you his number, he's a strait shooter and wont bs you about it or its condition
    -If I could afford it I'd own it myself 8)